I took my first step today !

ginau
on 1/21/08 5:47 am - mesa, AZ
I took my first step towards revision today !  I had my consult with  the only local Surgeon in Phx Az that does revisions  Dr Schlesinger.  we reviewed the ins info and now have to work on getting documentationin order .  I will have an upper G.I. to  verify my pouch size - at this point I am praying  it will show that it is too large and pave the way - But I have my Doubts it will go that easy !  one step at a time !!!  I keep telling myself .
ALABAMA
on 1/21/08 11:05 pm - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
that is wounderful news >  please keep us posted > I will be right behind you with a consult but, not in Az.
happy girl
on 1/22/08 10:43 am
Good for for you, that first step is often the hardest.  I have heard Dr Schlesinger is a great surgeon and I know there are some of his patients posting on the revision board too. best wishes!!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Deanne K.
on 1/22/08 1:02 pm - Tucson, AZ
I had a consult with Dr. Schlesinger at the OH convention.  I am considering having a revision.  I had told Randy that I had the consult and told him, that if Dr. B wouldn't help me, I will go elsewhere.  I do know that I have an enlarged stoma from and EGD done a year ago.  She wanted me to lose 5 lbs to show her that I was serious for her to do a lap band over the RNY.  I am not sure I want to do that or not.  I may schedule another consult with Dr. Schlesinger the same day I come up to see Randy again in February.  Have you gotten the records from SBC?  Did they give you any problems?  You can email me privately if you want to.  Keep in touch, I will be interested in how things go for you. Deanne
ginau
on 1/22/08 2:40 pm - mesa, AZ
Deanne  I sent you a pm , but relaized I diont answer your question , I has asked for my reports a long time ago with no rpblem getting them, I dont belive it said howmuch they bypassed !   Dr S and I talked and he was telling me everyone has a diferant amnt if intestine !  So he only does open  and that way he can see what he is dealing with . make sense to me ..   When in Feb do you see Randy ? Right now I have 2 fingers crossed .. the pouch is enlarged so Ins can kick in !   Oh the other thing I like is that Dr S does not give you a weight goal -   its all up to you !!   
Deanne K.
on 1/22/08 11:31 pm - Tucson, AZ
Gina, I come up February 15th at 1:00.  I don't know how long it will take to get the records. Deanne
Ambitious
on 1/24/08 11:46 am - Havertown, PA
Hello I am sympathize with your struggle. From one RNY'er to another, please research a lot about Lap Band over RNY. The results are great and scar tissue builds up. I am seeking a revision from RNY to DS! The research speaks for itself. If you need support, please contact me. Please check out the DS boards you might find what you're looking for. Explore your options before you agree to the first option presented to you. God Bless you, Samaria
Deanne K.
on 1/24/08 11:26 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Samaria, I probably will go with a distal which is what Dr. Schlesinger recommended for me at the OH conference.  I saw my PCP yesterday and he wants me to see a Gastro Dr. before I go and see another surgeon.  We both agreed that the sugeon would probably want to have these tests done anyway.  I have a GI doc who used to treat alot of bypass patients, so he knows what he is donig.  I am not in a huge hurry to have surgery again, but I want to make sure that it is the right decision.  I am not too keen on the lap band over the bypass. Deanne
Most Active