SURGERY DATE IS JANUARY 21ST

angiebell28
on 1/19/08 10:17 am - houston, TX
I'm excited yet nervous at the same time. My date is quickly approaching and I am trying to have everything in order before the big day. Monday  at 6am I am to report to hospital and while this has been a long time coming, I still feel like it's all a dream and someone is going to wake me up and tell me that this isn't true. I'm trying to get my mind right for after the procedure. I am confidant that God brought me this far, He will lead me through the operation. Having take down of Vertical Band Gastroplasty and converting to a Lap roux en y gastric by pass. Just wanted to post and encourage anyway who is trying to have a revision to not give up. Look at it as a second chance to live again and this time don't take it for granted. Will post when I make it home for any1 interested on how everything went. Thanks, Angel "Consider the Works of God"
classite
on 1/19/08 11:02 am - Battle Ground, WA
  Wish you the best with your revision surgery.  Post when you are well enough and let us know how you are doing. Cheryl
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
tracyb330
on 1/19/08 10:42 pm - Temple, PA
Congrats on the date. I have a question for you. Did your insurance cover this? I had a VBG done back in 2001. They had to take the band out after less than two months. I am trying to get gastric but am scared my insurance won't cover it. They have a one and done type deal but my one was taken out and I should get another chance.  Good luck!
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
angiebell28
on 1/20/08 12:34 pm - houston, TX
Yes my insurance is covering it, but you have to read the coverage details with your insurance provider. They will only cover a revision only if it is a medical necessity. I had to prove to them it was a technical failure. I had to have an upper endoscopy done with a GI doctor, had to have a psychological and nutritional evaluation and a 6 month supervised diet and exercise program with a physician and they wanted to know what symptoms I had. My acid reflux (GERD) come back, had ulcer, and hiatel hernia, so in the end after 3 denials they had proof that it wasn't my fault that the weight came back but that the band had slipped. Hope that helps Ange
Ambitious
on 1/20/08 1:25 am - Havertown, PA
Thank you for the encouragement! Your words touched me today! You will be in my prayers. Your operation will go well! I wish you a speedy recovery with no complications. Keep us posted!--Blessings, Samaria
angiebell28
on 1/20/08 12:35 pm - houston, TX
Why thank you. I am glad my words were able to encourage you. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery. Angel
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/08 10:55 pm - Brampton, Canada
Best wishes for your surgery!
Tex Girl .
on 1/22/08 7:34 am - TX

Hey Girl, I am praying for you!!  Let me know how it is going and if you need anything.     Kelly

Most Active