Restore in WI

RiverQueen
on 1/16/08 8:25 pm - IA
I have just started with the nurse up there........she has my info and will call me later this week to set up some appts, anybody else going up there, could you tell me how it is going for you?  How have the experiences been so far?  I am excited for it all to get going, but scared since they do turn so many away.  Thanks for your sories or advice.......
happy girl
on 1/17/08 9:27 pm
it been good for me.  Jeanne is fabulous.  It took a while for the EDG results to come back, but that was out of her control.  She has been great getting my appointments to fit with me driving from so far away (5-6 hours)  I don't remember too much of the Dr. but my DH said he was polite and to the point good luck

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

RiverQueen
on 1/17/08 9:35 pm - IA
Thanks!!  I am a 3 hour drive away...........hopefully my appts can be kinda close together too.....but I am willing to drive there whenever.  Do you know if they already did the first five or whatever??  Are they in the second phase already?  I got all the paperwork in the mail, but it was just going over the procedures and appts and stuff.  Wishing us both luck, we should keep eachother updated.  Take Care
js2161
on 1/18/08 2:35 am
Hi - I am having the procedure done Wednesday, January 23 and I am the first person to have it done in Milwaukee.  I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
mspisces
on 1/19/08 2:44 am - Somewhere, AL
What is RESTORe and where can I get info on the procedure. I had wls rny almost 4 yrs ago. I feel that not getting to goal was not all my fault and I have gained 22 lbs back in 8 mos. I want to be 190 or less and am at 229.9 lbs as of thursday last week. I have RA and take meds that I feel also have stopped me from losing and gain. Send me any info or a website where i can read info on this RESTORe   [email protected] Irish aka Ms Pisces
js2161
on 1/19/08 5:41 am
Go to the website www.clinicaltrials.gov and search under Bard or Davol - they are the manufacturer of the instrument used for the procedure.  Look for the RESTORE study.  This procedure reduces the size of your stoma.  You have to have an upper GI and an endoscopy to see if your stoma is enlarged.
RiverQueen
on 1/20/08 9:48 am - IA
WOW~you are so close :)  Wishing you the BEST of luck Wednesday!!  How long did everything take from paperwork, to testing, to scheduling the procedure?  The nurse was supposed to call me last week after reviewing all my surgery notes, but I didn't hear from her.....I am sure she is busy.   Again, best of luck and let us know how it goes!!!  Take Care.
js2161
on 1/20/08 12:49 pm
I didn't directly apply to the study.  I was referred to a doctor at the Cleveland Clinic to be evaluated as a candidate for the Stomaphyx procedure.  When I got to Cleveland, they told me about the study and said I was potentially a candidate.  After the endoscopy, the doctor told me that the RESTORE procedure was more appropriate for my problem since it was my stoma that was greatly enlarged, not the pouch.  It took almost two weeks from the time I had my endoscopy until the independent lab approved me for the procedure.  It took many months for me to initially get in to see the dr, in Cleveland.  After being approved, I was able to switch everything to the site in Milwaukee since Milwaukee is much closer.  Also, Milwaukee is in the lead in phase so everyone gets the procedure.  Hope this answers your question.
Betsy C.
on 1/22/08 12:18 am - Efland, NC
JS2161 - I just realized you are having your procedure tomorrow.  I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with it.  You're fortunately to be having it done in Milwaukee since everyone gets the procedure.  If I get accepted (I'm waiting to hear from Johns Hopkins in Baltimore) I will have a 2 out of 3 chance of actually having it done.  Oh well...  I'll take that chance. Please let us know how you do after the procedure. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

js2161
on 1/22/08 12:56 am
Thank you so much.  I will post  hopefully on Thursday.
Most Active