Restore details

taketwo
on 1/14/08 3:20 am
I had RNY in 2002 and was quite successful at first.  I lost 90 the first year and was feeling really good.  A hysterectomy and some scary food choices later...I have gained 40 back and feel like such a loser...and not in the good way!  I have never posted here before, but after researching this site for Restore information, feel the need to post with a few questions.  I am just starting out this possibility of the procedure with Milwaukee.  Does the procedure itself require an overnight stay or to have a driver with you?  I'm trying to avoid needing help because i would prefer to keep this procedure as quiet as possible.  I blabbed to the entire state about my previous surgery and now feel as though I'm " the girl who had the surgery" but is still fat.  I started at 300 and made it to 210 and now I'm back up the scale from hell!  Any details would be greatly appreciated.  Is it painful?  CAn I drive afterwards?
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/08 4:12 am
Wow-your story sounds very much like mine (except no hysterectomy and I gained more weight..lol).  Unfortunately you cannot drive the day of the procedure.  You are going to be groggy at best from the anesthesia and you may also be very nauseas.  They will not release you unless you have someone to take you home.  Actually-if I remember correctly your driver needs to check in with you when you come in for the actual procedure.  You will be in "SURGERY"...anesthesia...massage stockings, etc etc.   The only "pain" you will probably feel is a lot of gas and of course sore throat pain later that day and the next day.
happy girl
on 1/14/08 4:55 am
you will need a driver after your testing, an endoscope as well after the procedure as it's a general...whether you get it or the  sham.  I know, I asked because I wasn't sure if my husband could get the time off, but fortunately he could...is there noone you can aksk, your Mom, or a relative?

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

taketwo
on 1/14/08 8:51 am
YAHOO...I just got an email from the nurse in Milwaukee that I can get the EGD on the 6th of February.  If I qualify, and I'm praying to the stoma gods..hee hee) how soon will the procedure take place?  I hope I still qualify for the lead-in phase.
happy girl
on 1/14/08 11:08 am
It would depend on the Dr schedule and how long it takes to get the results, but theoretically, 2-3 weeks...since he only does procedures on Wednesdays, Good luck!!!!!!!!

April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

js2161
on 1/16/08 12:15 am
Hi - did you have the procedure in Milwaukee with Dr. Catalano?  I am scheduled for next week.
happy girl
on 1/16/08 4:28 am
is your EGD next week or the procedure?  My procedure is not til mid- February.  I needed to schedule around work and an already planned vacation, but I only about 4 weeks to wait

Betsy C.
on 1/21/08 11:56 pm - Efland, NC
Boy I wish things moved as quickly in Baltimore as they do in Milwaukee.  I had my endoscopy on Jan 11th but haven't heard if I qualify yet.  Arrrgggghhhh!!! Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Most Active