Stomaphyx on 1/18/08

NueBelieve
on 1/10/08 7:26 am - PA
I am a research study patient and  tomorrow is what they call "My Baseline" appointment at Temple University Hospital. I am going to see the Nutritionist.....have blood taken and do my pre-op testing. The actual procedure is going to be 1/18. Wish me luck!  Diane :) RYN - 8/13/03 Stomaphyx 1/18/08
OriginallyfromMass
on 1/11/08 11:01 am - Providence, RI
I am new to the site and missed te stomaphyx talk.  What is it, where are the centers that perform this and does insurance cover it? OFM
Ambitious
on 1/12/08 3:08 am - Havertown, PA
Dido! What exactly is stomaphyx! If I have revision I want something permanent.
NueBelieve
on 1/12/08 7:06 am - PA
Heres a great link all about the Stomaphyx... http://www.endogastricsolutions.com/index.php?src=gendocs&re f=StomaphyX&category=Products I went to my Baseline appointment and now I'm having the procedure on 1/18. I'm a research study  patient at Temple University Hospital. I don't have to pay for anything because of this. I will let you know how it goes...Wish Me Luck! :)
NueBelieve
on 1/13/08 8:03 am - PA
I had my baseline appointment on 1/11 and my procedure is 1/18. During the week I am waiting I was given AcipHex 20mg to take 2 times a day. The Doc said it was something the study required.
Then thursday I have to....in the morning and nite...take a colon cleanser and of course NO eating for 24 hours before the procedure.

Good Luck to those who were accepted as well!

lisavboyd
on 1/16/08 6:48 pm - wylie, TX

I wanted to tell you GOOD LUCK!  Tomorrow is the big day.  I am just starting my research on this newest procedure and the links you gave were great!  I was also wondering how you became a test patient.  I know when I have mine done it will be completely out of my pocket unless I can get my company to cover it. 

Again..GOOD LUCK and i will be waiting to hear how things went.

NueBelieve
on 1/17/08 1:22 pm - PA
Thank You so much for the well wishes. I'm a little nervous but I'm sure things will go great. I went to my Gastric Bypass doctor for my normal yearly physical and he told me about a research study at Temple University Hospital that he thought I was perfect for. So i called and set up an appointment. I haven't have to pay anything...all is covered by the research grant.  :)
darnell239
on 2/16/08 5:20 am - Columbia, SC
Diane, How has your stomaphx going?  I'm considering this procedure and I want to make sure that I am making the right choice.
Most Active