ROSE vs. RESTORE trial

Betsy C.
on 1/13/08 7:48 am - Efland, NC
Thanks for the information.  I thought I would go ahead and get the crystal light singles and the liquid Tylenol.  I have chicken broth granules that I can just add to ho****er.  Most quick marts have a ho****er spout on their coffee makers that is used for tea.  I wish I was having it done in Milwaukee, where eveyone gets the procedure :-( Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

katchal
on 1/13/08 8:25 am - Goodview, VA
Betsy, we will do fine at John Hopkins.  Like you, it would be great to go to the same location but I have great confidence in John Hopkins.  What was your impression of the facility and Kamiliah?  I will be going up on the 23rd and staying in a hotel. 
Betsy C.
on 1/13/08 8:27 am - Efland, NC
Kathy - email me at [email protected] and I'll fill you in more... Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

happy girl
on 1/14/08 12:06 am
As far as I understand, not everyone in Milwaukee is getting the procedure, just the 1st 5.  The lead-in phase at each site is the same as far as I understand and the first 5 get it done so the Doctor gets some practice. Best wishes!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

katchal
on 1/13/08 8:29 am - Goodview, VA
Lullaby, I do have one question.  You said to Besty that she would be fine the next day after having the procedure to travel.  I to am traveling and it sounds like I need to plan on staying in Baltimore the day of the procedure and traveling the next day.  Is that what you would suggest? Oh course, this all depends on whether I get chosen..  Thanks so much for your willingness to share your experiences.  It has been very helpful to me. Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/08 9:00 am

Kathy- Everyone handles anesthesia differently but it was rough on me that first day.  I had the procedure early-I think 8am and I went home around 3pm.  I was very nauseas all day and that evening too until I went to bed.  The 40 minute ride home was excruciating-not painful but I was feeling so sick.  I would highly recommend staying put the first night if you have to drive any significant distance.  You may be perfectly fine, but you never know. 

katchal
on 1/13/08 9:07 am - Goodview, VA
Thanks so much for this good advice.  I will plan on spending the night after procedure.  As far as the followup, when do you go back for the first visit?  I was not sure if they would want to see after the first couple of days or what the plan was.  Thanks again and congrats on your success.  I hope if a couple of months, I will be on the downhill slope. Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/08 12:07 pm

Follow up appointments are at 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months.

Most Active