curious

IMSOTIRED
on 1/9/08 2:14 pm
Does anyone one know if stetching of the pouch and or opening in and out of the pouch are considered by insurance as need for a revision. or is it just something like staple line issues??
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/08 9:41 pm
It depends on the insurance company.  Here is a link for a great website I came across that details who covers what.  http://www.cmcwls.com/insurance.php
SophieGrace
on 1/10/08 12:01 am - IL
It depends on your individual insurance plan and whether or not you are having health problems. If you have regained the weight and are experiencing co-morbidities such a diabetes, hypertension, degenerative joint disease, urinary incontinence........... these are all things that will factor in. Check the language of your insurance plan.  Some state (like mine) "NO WLS or any treatments or medications for weight loss" while leaving out specific language about repairs of problems with previous surgeries.  Those words can be very important when your surgeon submits a request for pre-certification.
IMSOTIRED
on 1/10/08 2:12 am
Thank you!!! I have only have a 20-30 extra pounds to lose I'm just afraid of losing total control cause I can eat A LOT!!!
AphY Girl
on 1/10/08 3:23 am
try going to www.5daypouchtest.com and give it a read... maybe that will pull you back on track. Good luck!
Most Active