Which would you choose lapband or rny?

darnell239
on 1/3/08 4:11 am - Columbia, SC
Sylvia, Thanks for letting me know about the DS being done in BMI as low as 37.5.  Because the 1 surgeon that is located in a neighboring state will not even consider me.  Hopefully, the DS is will become more common  like the RNY.  I do appreciate your support and input.
LeaAnn
on 1/3/08 5:36 am - Huntsville, AL
35 BMI with 2 cormorbids qualifies you for the DS with any REAL DS surgeon.  My mom had her DS with a BMI of 35 and diabetes and high bp.
Monica B.
on 1/3/08 6:07 am - Omaha, NE
Hello, I loved my DS until a surgeon here in Omaha decided to reverse me without my knowledge.  Once I learned the quirks of having a DS I loved it.  You just have to learn the new way your body works.  I went from 400 to 185 and have stayed between 185-190 for the last 2.5 years  ****il the revision anyway, I have now regained 50 pounds and doing everything possible to get it off, apparently my body is keeping every calorie I swallow). Good luck to you.
LeaAnn
on 1/3/08 6:21 am - Huntsville, AL
I hope you own that surgeon that revised you without your knowledge's house now?
Tiffany G.
on 1/3/08 10:51 am
Yeah, how did that happen (reversal)?
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/08 3:05 am
Ok I had to respond - how in the world did you get a reversal surgery you didn't know about? YIKES>  this is scary stuff.   Just goes to show you that you can't be too careful I guess.  Oy. Sharon
KKennedy927
on 1/3/08 12:24 pm - Toledo, OH
Hi Darnell, I am fairly new to this site but I just wanted to let you know that Lap band did not work for me either.  I could never find the right fill amount an if I did it only lasted a little while and I was right back to wanting to eat a side of beef!!  I am scheduled for a lap to rny on 1/16 revision and I can't wait.  I would have been in a whole different place right now had I just done the rny to begin with two years ago.  I think I lost a total of about 32 lbs and put back on about 40. grrrrr!!!!

80 lbs lost lots more to go....

Most Active