Which would you choose lapband or rny?

ALABAMA
on 1/2/08 10:06 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
I will be choosen the rny-ds and if I could here from someone on the board that had a revision with the lapband and have lost the amount of weight I would really like to here form them. I have 98 lbs to lose til goal weight. glenda in  ga.
Ms TJ P.
on 1/3/08 12:46 am - VA
The band has been a wonderful tool for alot of people, and for others it has not. For me if I could do it all over again I wish back then I was researching, I wasn't so fearful of the possible complications of RNY, because now I would definetly chose gastric bypass. I've only lost 35lbs and it's almost been 2yrs(and have gained some it back). The band is very funny, what you may can tolerate one day you may not be able to tolerate the next day.I've been leaning towards softer foods because eating meats unless it in some type of gravy or sauce is very difficult. I don't feel by band is too tight because I am able to tolerate some things but unable to get the weight off. I don't feel like going through all of the hassle that the band can put you through and still have not lost the weight that I need to lose. Now this is just my expirence, others have been very sucessfull and doing very well. But for me I wish I would chosen RNY from the start, I'm have a little trouble getting the insurance to cover another surgery unless there's something wrong with the band. Which to me doesn't make any sense. Good luck on your future weight loss. Tonya
lowellian
on 1/3/08 12:48 am - OR
Hi!  Have you posted on DS forum? They have a lot of info on surgeons you may have missed in researching. BMI 39 isn't too low either as some are getting DS for resolution of diabetes at low BMI's.  Hope you get some answers soon, best wishes!
Lowellian  * LAB RAT CHARTS  remember to add data!
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/08 12:55 am
If I had it to do over again, I'd go with the distal RNY.  I'm having issues with my DS. 
Beam me up Scottie
on 1/3/08 2:45 am
hello f*cktard...we thought you left after we exposed you as a troll a month or so ago......I guess you are so stupid, that you thought we'd just forget you had the RNY during the summer. as you posted on the RNY forum. Scott
LeaAnn
on 1/3/08 5:38 am - Huntsville, AL
Methinks it's just so stupid it didn't think it would be exposed on THIS forum.
Nicolle
on 1/3/08 3:26 am
Donkey, you already bothered this poor woman, Darnell, weeks ago when we exposed you as a fake. Go away and let real RNYers and LapBanders help her. Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Suzanna N.
on 1/3/08 10:11 am - Ocala, FL
Are you saying donkey is an A$$? Sorry....I had to say it...lol Suz
JRinAZ
on 1/3/08 1:57 pm - Layton, UT
Ouch Suzanna!  (that's sung to the same tune as Oh Suzanna!) You made me laugh when laughing is still painful!   How are you doing with your Revision healing?  I had to get a small area in my Incision packed today....back in tomorrow for the same.  Maybe have to have a woundvac or even back to the O.R. I usually bounce back quickly from surgeries so I'm kind of bummed.  This is the time in AZ when I love to be out hiking and biking and enjoying the cool weather.  I've got CABIN FEVER!!!!  But, on a lighter note.....I lost 12 pounds my first week!   Yahooo!!!!  I think "Distal" is my new best friend!  LOL!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Shawnta H.
on 1/4/08 1:03 am - Ellicott City, MD
Joyce, I'm sorry you had this minor set back but then again 12 pounds .  I have lost 11 or 12 also depending on which scale I trust.  Please keep us posted on your progress!  Good Luck S
Most Active