I'm back home!!!

Shawnta H.
on 12/30/07 10:55 pm - Ellicott City, MD
I love this board you ladies make me feel so special !  I really appreciate all your well wishes, congratulations and concern.  Here's a virtually toast to all of us newly post op and for all those continuing their journeys in the new year.  Let's all get through this together so we can keep our seats on the losers bench this time. Shawnta
LosingSally
on 1/4/08 4:24 pm
Congradulations! I wish you every good thing. May I ask how much was bypassed, or is the better question how short is your common channel? Take it easy , and get back to eating slowly, and I bet you'll be doing great before you know it. Keep us posted.
JRinAZ
on 1/5/08 2:18 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Losing Sally! My common channel is 50 c .  It's as aggressive as they can go.  My surgeon only agreed to go this direction because he's seen me on a regular basis; has seen me nursing protein drinks, headed to the gym, etc.  He KNOWS I'll be compliant.  I think the DS and Distal take great responsibility....the Distal even more than the DS because they have benefit of a stomach still. I'm excited for this new leg of the journey though and as soon as I can ditch some wound issues (wound vac going on) then I'll be ready to hit the gym.  I can't WAIT for my doc to run my next Diabetes blook pannel!  LOL!  I'm kind of like "Bring it!".....and on the vainer note...I can't wait to slide back in to some single digit clothes!  Yay! Thanks for your note and for asking about me!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active