I'm back home!!!

Shawnta H.
on 12/29/07 10:49 pm - Ellicott City, MD
Good Morning All, I'm finally home from my proximal to distal revision my blood count was a little low so I had to stay an extra day to receive Iron through the IV! I also had issues with getting an IV in the beginning I had two at the same time then both of my veins blew.  I was too dehydrated for the nurses, IV team, or PICC team to find another vein so they had to page a Dr. to put a central line in my neck.  All  that said I feel so blessed to have been given a second chance to reach my weightloss goals I'd do it again in a NY minute.  I'm very happy to see Joyce made it safely to the losers bench and I look forward to supporting each other as we continue this journey!!! Shawnta
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/07 12:03 am - Brampton, Canada
Wishing you a good recovery Shawnta and a wonderful new year with your revision!
Shawnta H.
on 12/30/07 2:00 am - Ellicott City, MD
Thank you Donna, You truly are an inspiration!!  I  hope I have as much success with my revision as you had with yours. Shawnta
ALABAMA
on 12/30/07 3:29 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
I am so glad you are home and everything is well.  I was getting very concern about you that we did'nt here anything from you please keep us posted.  I have my consult next month. Glenda in ga.
Shawnta H.
on 12/30/07 9:46 pm - Ellicott City, MD
Glenda, Thanks so much for your concern.  I am so excited that you have you consult so soon.  I hope the process is speedy for you.  I don't remember if you said which procedure you are considering?  I am asking for tow reason 1. I'm nosey and 2. I'm  moving to Atlanta in the next few months and I would like to get in touch with a surgeon in that area to see about follow up care and I would like to find one who does the distal revision. Shawnta
smittygirl
on 12/30/07 7:08 pm - Bridgeport, CT
Hi Shawnta and congratulations on your new journey. I  wanted to know what was your weight post op the first time around, how much you initially lost, how much you gained back and what was your weight before your revision. I tried to find your info on the profile but I found nothing. I am interested in the proximal to distal revision as well and I really want to know how everyone else is doing with it. You info will help. Thanks. Shana
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/07 3:34 am
Thanks for updating us Shawnta!  I wish you MUCH success with your revision!! 
Wanda S.
on 12/30/07 4:07 am - Goldsboro, NC
Congrats Shawnta, Keep up the good work.  I just found out about 3 weeks ago that I too need a revision because my anestomosis is too big and has been since day one.........I am2 years post op and only down 80 lbs. It very frustrating when you see everyone around you dropping wgt like crazy and I plateued at 6 months out.  You have given me inspiration Wanda
Suzanna N.
on 12/30/07 5:31 am - Ocala, FL
Well it sounds like it was a bit rocky but we are glad to have you back! I was starting to worry a bit as well. Now its all down hill from here. I am glad you are both back and did so well. Hopefully we will all be totally sucessful this time. Suz
luckycat1
on 12/30/07 10:32 am - Cincinnati, OH
glad everything worked out. good luck on your new journey mj
Most Active