I'm in the RESTORE clinical trials.

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/08 12:15 am
JS- I had a lot of nausea the same day as the procedure.  It's due to the anesthesia and some people have it, some people don't.  I also had a very sore throat that evening and all the next day.  The pain went all the way down as I swallowed.  In hindsight it's not that bad but it was uncomfortable.  Have some liquid tylenol at home just in case you need it. 
wterry99
on 1/2/08 3:53 am
The worst part of the procedure for me was the anesthesia hangover the day following the procedure. I  felt groggy and tired. I had a bit of soreness on the right just below my rib cage, but no nausea, vomiting, or pain that required meds. My procedure was done on Thursday; I was back to my regular routine by Saturday.
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/08 9:16 am
I am finally scheduled to have the procedure . . . next Thursday.  I am excited and a little nervous.  But definitely thrilled at getting a second chance.  Even if I do not get the actual procedure at first, I know it's a step in the right direction . . . and six months will pass before I know it. Thanks to all who have posted about this procedure . . .
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/08 12:21 am
Good luck Dani!!!  I hope you get sutured!!!  Please update us as soon as you are up to it!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/09 1:57 pm - Menomonee Falls, WI
Hi Dani How are you doing?  I had it in 2008 and lost but regained big time last winter.  How are you doing?  Daisy
thresg
on 1/2/08 1:35 pm - Wilder, VT
I am completely intrigued, what is the "Restore study/prcedure" ?
wterry99
on 1/2/08 10:47 pm
The RESTORe procedure is Incisionless Treatment for Patients With Inadequate Weight Loss or weight regain following Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. It is a newly developed device  that allows the surgeon to do transoral suturing of the stoma via scope. The procedure is similar to EGD and the (enlarged or relaxed) stoma is sutured  without the patient having an incision.  The procedure is currently in clinical trials at several hospital throughout the US.  Go to clinicaltrials.gov for more information.
tigentat
on 1/5/08 2:39 am - WI
is restore like stomaphx? Amy:-)
Amy:-)
cmr3399
on 1/3/08 5:36 pm - Bayville, NJ
other than the link at the website is there any onther way to contact someone with regards to a possible qualification?  Any help you can give would be wonderful
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/08 1:22 am
The only contact I have is with the research nurse at the Cleveland Clinic.  I don't know who the contact would be in your area.  If you email them at the link provided they're usually pretty quick about getting back to you...24-48 hours.  I understand you want a response like YESTERDAY!!
Most Active