I'm in the RESTORE clinical trials.

wterry99
on 12/28/07 5:40 am
I'm a participant in the RESTORE study at the Cleveland Clinic.  I went for the preliminary tests and EDG in October and early November.  On November 27th , I underwent the 'procedure '. They do not tell you if you actually get sutures, since 1/3 of the study participants get the 'sham' scope.  I am certain I received the actual procedure, as I feel restriction when eating, for the first time in over a year. I have lost 22 lbs. to date and am delighted with the lack of hunger, feeling full after a few bites and the weight loss. Good luck to all RESTORE participants.
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/07 6:09 am
CONGRATULATIONS!!  I am also in the RESTORe trial and had it done at the Cleveland Clinic as well.  My procedure was November 6 and I'm almost 100% sure I actually had the procedure.  I've lost 32 pounds and I'm thrilled so far.  I am still very careful with what I eat and stop right when I feel full.  I don't want to stretch out my stoma again!  It seems to be holding so far...only time will tell.  I hope it works-not only for me but so there is hope for other people in our situations. 
js2161
on 1/2/08 3:14 am
Hi  - I was supposed to have the procedure in Cleveland but am going to be having it in Milwaukee on Jan 23.  Milwaukee is still in the lead in phase and they are doing the procedure to all accepted into the study.  Did you have any discomfor from the procedure?  I understand that people have to be on a liquid diet for two weeks.  I imagine this contributes greatly to the weight loss.  I hope it works for me. I am glad you are doing well.
whatever_is_whatever
on 1/5/08 5:58 pm - MILWAUKEE, WI
could u share some info on this ....I'm from milwaukee and just started looking into a revision thanks for ur time in advance  tori
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/09 1:53 pm - Menomonee Falls, WI
I had the Restore in Milw. too.  How did you do and how are you doing now?  I did well until winter 2009.  I am relosing since last Spring by eating low carb.  I have no restriction anymore.  Keep in touch, Daisy
happy girl
on 12/28/07 3:03 pm
yay!!  I am getting it done in February!!  I love hearing from people who have been there done that, so to speak   I am happy to hear things are progressing well for you

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

wterry99
on 12/29/07 10:36 am
x_reese_x, Congratulations on being accepted into the study and February is just around the corner. I'm amazed that  the recovery time is only1 or 2 days and the difference  in the amount of food it takes to satisfy hunger is remarkable.. Good luck.
karyn36
on 1/6/08 3:07 pm - Corbin , KY

yay i to am looking into having a revision. But I am having problems finding a dr I can trust. Where are you from? I'm from Ky. Hope we all get what we want

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/09 1:55 pm - Menomonee Falls, WI
How are you doing now?  I had it too but gained back this past winter.  Daisy
wterry99
on 12/29/07 10:27 am
Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep us posted on your progress. I feel very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to participate in this study.
Most Active