Endoscopic Sclerotherarpy

misskrissyk
on 12/26/07 2:26 am - orlando, FL

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone had a GREAT Christimas! Just wondering, I've  post this question before, but Im going to asked again, because it has been awhile, and the last time I didnt get too much of a respone and things can change. Has anyone had Sclerotherapy? If so, did you have good or bad results from it? I hear alot of people talk about stomphax (or however you spell it) but not too much talk about Sclerotherapy (and I also heard that it is better than stomphax). So anyone with any info. please let me know. Thanks, Misskrissyk

Kaargo
on 12/26/07 2:47 am - CA
I had sclerotherapy in August and saw no change.  My stoma was dialated >20mm though which was a size that indicates the need for stitching.  Hope that helps.
darnell239
on 12/26/07 8:09 am - Columbia, SC
From what I have read from previous post dating back at least 6-8 months ago the scleratherapy procecedure has not been that effect.  The post I read showed that there was minimal results initially but 3 months out there is not much difference than prior to surgery.  I have also been reading up on the stomaphx procedure and obviously there is no long term results because it is new but the outcome seems to be 50/50.  IMO those results are not enough to invest $10,000 in and not be sure if the procedure is effective.  Have you considered a lapband over the previous bypass?  I know that is becoming a route that many people are looking at now.  Good luck with whatever you decide.
shelbymomof3
on 12/28/07 10:27 am - wahiawa, HI
I had it done 2x and had no results. I am scheduled for a revision on Jan7.
Most Active