Would I qualify???

Halaina F.
on 12/25/07 11:57 pm - Newberry, MI
Hi, I had roux-en-y surgery 3 years ago in October. I weighed 235 a I now currently weigh 154. My surgeon had told me after she did my surgery that she did not bypass as much of my intestinal tract because I only had a 105 -   115 pounds to lose. Well needless to say I now struggle to keep off the weight and I can eat anything. Sugar galore. I try to be diciplined but as we all know we didn't end up fat because we love only veggies. It is a daily struggle. I have never met my goal. I know for a lot of people they would be happy in the 150's but the point is that I know so many other women that were close to my initial weight and they all reached their goal without much effort. My close friend went to the same surgeon as me and she also can eat anything and had the same problem. Can anyone tell me if I would be a candidate for a revision?? Thanks, Halaina
darnell239
on 12/26/07 12:04 am - Columbia, SC
At 154 I seriously doubt that insurance or even a doctor will revise you.  I do understand your struggle and weight issues has been one of the biggest battles I have.  It is so easy to fall back into bad eating habits.  I am trying to have a lapband placed over my previous bypass.  I have you considered trying weigh****chers to try and get back on track?  Or maybe start back going to support groups it might help.  Good luck with this never ending battle.
Ruby R.
on 12/26/07 7:10 am
I have a simular situation.  I weighed 240 when I went to surgery.  I have lost to 133 and struggle to keep it there.  I am 5'1."  I can eat anything.  I exercise a lot and drink protein drinks.  Of course, I eat a lot of other stuff too. I know I should be thankful and I am, but I I would like to get to 122.   I can not see that happening.  The thought of having to exercise every day for the rest of my life is a little depressing.  I enjoy exercise, but...  I just wanted to put in my two cents worth.  Really I think I will end up with a Stomaphixx one of these days.  My surgeon did the throat thing and says my strom is about the size of a quarter.  It should be about the size of a dime. Patricia      
KRWaters
on 12/27/07 3:51 am - Manteca, CA
Halaina, where is Newberry, MI? I am originally from the Detroit area. Any ways, I only lost 90 pounds with original RnY,had 40 pounds to get to goal. I am now up to 230. I will be having the DS. I also think you are still too small for a revision, well you might qualify for a lapband and only get fills till you get to your goal. Check out the other boards, lapband, distal RnY, or DS. You might just have to go see a surgeon and discuss your options with her/him.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active