I'm back home

candyshoe
on 12/21/07 9:35 am - Kokomo, IN
I am finally back home.  I had a few complications that the docs can't seem to explain other than I may have been a little dehydrated when I went in.  I had some kidney function problems and my blood pressure was very low.  They put me in ICU for about 3 days and put a port in and pumped ALOT of fluids in me. Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm home and fine now.  Everything else went pretty smoothly.  It only took around an hour to do my surgery, which the doc though it'd take at least an hour and a half......so that went real smooth. Of course I've gained weight because I'm still holding alot of weight because of the fluids. Candy
darnell239
on 12/21/07 9:45 am - Columbia, SC
Candy, Sorry to hear about the complications.  I hope everything continues to work out  and glad to hear that you are now at home.
candyshoe
on 12/23/07 5:32 am - Kokomo, IN
Thanks Darnell!  I'm so glad to be back home.  Everything is getting better everyday.  I'm still working on getting all of my fluids in, but I'm doing better. Candy
JRinAZ
on 12/21/07 10:01 am - Layton, UT
Yikes Candy!  3 days in ICU is frightening!   I'm glad you are home and on your way to a new begining!  .....  I'll learn from your experience and try to hydrate like crazy on Tuesday! Keep us posted....
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

candyshoe
on 12/23/07 5:40 am, edited 12/23/07 5:40 am - Kokomo, IN
Thanks Joyce!  Please, please, please hydrate like crazy!  I don't know for sure if that's the problem, but more than likely it was.  I've never been one to drink alot of fluids.  I know I didn't do much on Sat., but I thought I'd done alot better Sunday....evidently not.  I do hope that this will help someone else do alot better than I did, so they're not dehydrated. I am doing much better, just a little tired still.  I'm still having trouble getting all of my fluids in, but I'm really trying......besides I have the fluid police on me all of the time.....lol.  My mom calls everyday to remind me and my husband is always reminding me also.   Good luck on your revision!!!  Keep me posted.  Us revisioners have to stick together.....lol. Candy
godzilla
on 12/21/07 2:36 pm - Israel
So now youn have Chrismas with your family! Candy, what did your doc do in your op, I forgot? Write me more details. keep well and foolow doc's orders. Mikimi

Most Active