80 lbs and still gaining

sherri1972
on 12/20/07 4:42 pm - Nevada, IA
yes i said gaining. I am new here again, i used this site fr research in 2000 when i was getting prepared for my RNY which was done in jan of 2001, i lost 200 lbs, since then things havent gone so great. I have had 2 pregnancies well 3 one ended in miscarriage, one ended in the birth of what is now quite the rowdy 3 yr old. ANd the last one ended in the birth of a sweet angel with Spina bifida who died 2 months after his birth. After Eric died, my weight has skyrocketed back up..i know im overeating..but I dont get sick anymore if I do.. Im more depressed then ever now and dont know where to turn i, dont know what kind of procedures are out there for people who have already had RNY. Im also in a different state now then my original surgeon so i need to find a new surgeon also.. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
jass28
on 12/21/07 1:02 am - A Town, NJ
Look into getting the DS.  Go to the forum and ask questions.  I am a revision too and I will be revising to the DS mid January.

339/318.6/125/155/165
SW/SW/LW/CW/GW      
Revision from Lapband to DS and Had healthy post-op baby, LOVE MY DS!

Shawnta H.
on 12/21/07 8:53 am - Ellicott City, MD
Hello Sherri, You came to the right place because there are lost of us in the same situation as far having had a successful RNY only to gain quite a bit of the weight back.  I lost 160 pounds initially and after the birth of my son have regained 70.  I am having a revision on 12/26/07.  The revision I am having is called the Distal RNY (BPD).  There are people here that have had successful revisions to DS or had lapbands placed over their pouch.  There are even several people that have had the new Stomaphx procedure as well as a few participating in various studies.  The important thing is for you research all of the options available to you and make the best decision based on your situation. Good luck and please stick around so that we can support you on your journey! S
Chandra M.
on 1/13/08 10:12 pm - Coweta, OK
Your story sounds alot like my own.  I am just now coming back to this site to try and find direction on which way I should go now too.  I had my RNY on Sept. 11, 2001.  Had complications in Oct, and in Nov 01 had to go back in for emergency surgery nearly died and then while still on pain pills and at home.... my mother in law let my children out to play and my 5 year old daughter wandered over to a neighbors pool and fell in and drowned.  So I understand the loss of a child, the overeating, the questioning.. there is so much to deal with..  I had lost down to 171, right n ow I am back up to 290.. I feel like such a failure.  I had divorced my husband after our daughter died, but we did end up remarrying 2 years later and have since added two new little ones to our family.  I am really sorry for all you have been through, and I pray that you will get some direction here, and that you will find some peace after your loss..
Most Active