JANUARY SURGERIES SOUND OFF!!!!!

Lara Croft
on 12/20/07 10:36 am - Fairfield, OH

Hello everyone!! My name is Lara Croft and I'm happy to say that my surgery date is on January 14th on a revision distal RNY with Dr. Maguire.  I also want to say that I'm very proud of Shawnta's upcoming surgery on December 26th. 

Anybody out there that is having revisional surgery in the month of January?  Sound off!!! 

LC

Andrea B.
on 12/20/07 11:54 am - Roslyn, NY
January 28th here in NYC with Dr. Roslin-from VBG to modified DS (no gastrectomy)
JRinAZ
on 12/20/07 11:59 am - Layton, UT
Lara I'm just a few days ahead of you with Shawnta on the 26th!  We'll both think of you with a protein drink toast on the  14th of January!   Let's hope 2008 is kind to all of us with our fresh starts!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Shawnta H.
on 12/20/07 11:57 pm - Ellicott City, MD
I am so happy for all of us!  I am also very happy to see all the people having the Distal revision.  I saw my surgeon (Dr. Maguire) on Wednesday and he told me that he use to do the complete RNY to DS revision for patients that insisted on having it but in HIS experience HIS patients that had only had a Distal RNY revision achieved the same weightloss results without the greater risk and with fewer complications therefore he no longer performs the complete DS revision.  That just confirmed for me that we have all made a very wise decision.  Happy Holidays and Good Luck to all of you (us)! Shawnta
Suzanna N.
on 12/22/07 7:10 am - Ocala, FL
Wow, that is interesting and good to hear! Suz
Barbara M.
on 12/22/07 10:39 am - Western, MD
Well, I'll join in....l revising from a band to a sleeve on January 17th.  Eager and nervous! Barbara
SophieGrace
on 12/23/07 4:30 am - IL
Tentatively scheduled, yes. 

That's if my insurance company doesn't get all hissy on me and then I have to hire (once again) my obesity lawyer to fight them.

Good luck with your surgery.
Most Active