Revision/Stoma Fix at 4 Months out

Kim M.
on 12/20/07 8:23 am - Mansfield, MO
I had been worried about the amount of food I can eat at only 4 months out...and that I had put on 7lbs in two weeks... I put a call into my bariatric office, and told the nurse I had tested the amount I can hold with tacos (of all things...but I figured what the heck...if its broke its broke) and well I was able to eat 3 crunchy tacos without getting sick or anything...She said I absolutely needed to come in pronto for a CAT Scan, EGD and an Upper GI ....looks like my stoma may need fixing.....So for any of you out there that have been lurking like I was on the Revision board worried that their "tool" wasn't working but they were only X number of months out from surgery...do yourself a favor...Call your surgeon...like me it could infact be something....Don't beat yourself up, or think its just head hunger or whatever I thought lots of things....and was given tons of advice, eat more protein etc....I average 100g a day but am still hungry and can eat....its not ALWAYS in our heads!! Bottom line is we aren't supposed to be able to handle 3 tacos..ever again if we've had RNY.....
 kim m.
RNY (08-07-07)
305/286/185/160
hw / sw/ cw /goal 
www.happyweightloss.net

Most Active