HAVE REACHED GOAL!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/07 12:11 pm - Brampton, Canada
Well I finally reached goal today after having had my revision to Lapband 20 months ago after previously having had VBG 20 years ago.  The band has been fantastic for me and I wish all of you here the same success whatever surgery you decide upon. Seasons Greetings,
darnell239
on 12/19/07 11:41 pm - Columbia, SC
Donna, Glad to hear your success!  I am in the process of having a lapband over a previous bypass.  Continue to keep everyone posted on your progress and I hope you are able to maintain at goal. Merry Christmas!
getinther
on 12/20/07 2:58 am - AL
Congrats to you too!  How did you go about getting a lapband over your previous bypass?  I am very interested.  Thanks,
darnell239
on 12/20/07 3:37 am - Columbia, SC
Donna, I don't have a lapband yet I am trying to have one.  Unfortunately, I am dealing with a doctors office that continue to give me the run around.  I am feeling really frustrated right now.  I will keep the forum updated on me.
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/07 8:02 am - Brampton, Canada
Darnell again I can only reiterate to choose a surgeon that is excellent and see if you can have referrals and speak to other patients who he has revised from RNY to see how they found the surgeon.  Living in Canada I am only familiar with surgeons here but there are so many Lapband surgeons in the States there should be some very good ones there.
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/07 7:57 am - Brampton, Canada
Hi I replied to your private message but I actually had a VBG years ago which is stomach stapling.  My surgeon does not do American patients but he has successfully done revisions to Lapband on VBG and RNY patients.  He said RNY patients are more difficult to revise compared to VBG due to the way RNY is performed but it can be done.  I strongly recommend anyone desiring a revision only go to a surgeon with an excellent reputation, credentials and who is highly experienced in performing revisions.  Also make sure  they provide excellent aftercare which is sooo important especially to succeed with the lapband. 
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/07 7:50 am - Brampton, Canada
Darnell I wish you all the best and I hope your surgeon is experienced at doing revisions and offers excellent aftercare.  Please keep us all informed... Hugs,
Shawnta H.
on 12/20/07 8:21 am - Ellicott City, MD
Donna, Congratulations!!!!  I am so happy to see you are below goal.  I am having a revision from Proximal to Distal RNY on 12/26/07 so it's always nice to see revision success no matter the type. Happy  Holidays! Shawnta
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/07 9:11 am - Brampton, Canada
Absolutely Shawna we can be successful whatever our surgery if we put our mind to it!  As we are revisions we also have the benefit of knowing what to do this time around to be more successful.
Melissa D.
on 12/20/07 10:02 am - West Burlington, IA
YAY Donna!!!  That's WONDERFUL!!!!  I can't wait to be posting my successes!!
Most Active