StomaphyX

findthetruth
on 12/23/07 9:35 am
Cute, cute very cute. I almost wonder if  your impassioned responces. Makes your practice as interminable as your banter.
Betsy C.
on 1/4/08 3:13 am - Efland, NC
To Lullaby123:  Where did you have the RESTORe procedure done?  I'm being considered for the study in Baltimore (Johns Hopkins).  I really hope I get accepted into the study. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Cheryl J.
on 12/23/07 8:31 am
This might be harsh for some folks to hear, but findthetruth has a valid point.  My mother had the Stomaphyx & I just had the EROS. I can tell you that it doesnt work. I had it done 4 days ago, and I can tolerate food with no problem. Each day my restriction lessens. I only felt full fast and longer the first day after the procedure.   I advise to get a full revision. Im considering the lap band or the distal RNY or proximal. I forget which one passes more intestines. Its a full surgery, but its better than getting your hopes up for a procedure that is not working. I feel sorry for the people who are paying out of pocket. $10K is a lot of money. You might as well take that money and go to Mexico snd get a revision. I bet the ranch in the next couple of years, someone is going to sue EGS or it will be off the market. We shall see.
findthetruth
on 12/23/07 8:54 am
I hate to say it, but I am a shareholder in EGS, I want this kind of procedure to work but it does not work. Not because it is marketed to not work but it is marketed off label to work. There is a lot of space for this kind of procedure, but, as a shareholder, I cannot allow folks to put their homes up for mortgage without them knowing the truth. I came from simple folks, and I like that about me. There is no amount of money available for folks to do this procedure and for me to make money on it. These docs make a ton of money for doing this procedure, there will be a non-invasive procedure in the future but this on just pollutes the space, makes it more difficult to have a real procedure work. Look at the RESTORe procedure, not StomaphyX for your soulution. Look for scientific data!
findthetruth
on 12/23/07 9:07 am
I want to apologize to all of you on here as well. I know this is not the place to challenge the dirty laundry of EGS. I simply want you to have the information you need to make your decision....and I dont think doctors do that all of the time. I think there are some good, innovative procedures out there that work, I just hate that I was a part of a company that pushed products out to you before we knew what they did.
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/07 9:16 am
Hi Dazzling- I'm sorry EROS didn't work for you-I know how excited you were.  With all due respect however you should not be eating "FOOD" at 4 days post op.  There is a 2 week liquid diet and that is to allow the stitches to heal.  If I remember from your other post though they weren't able to get enough stitches in though because your pouch was too small or wouldn't accomodate the instrument?   I recall you telling us that your mother had the stomaphyx and that she too was eating food much earlier than she should.  Of course eating will be physically "tolerated" but the stitches will fall out and the pouch and or stoma will resume its shape.  I believe most post op protocol is 2 weeks liquids then 3-5 weeks soft foods.   Best of luck on your pursuit.  We all want the same thing here...weight loss and improved health!!
findthetruth
on 12/23/07 9:29 am
Oh well, good job nukeing dazzling eyes. You seem to have no problem with blaming her and her mother. Good show for you, yes good show indeed.
Cheryl J.
on 12/23/07 3:23 pm

From my understanding my Dr. is Dr. Bessler, not Dr. Lullaby. Its not 2 weeks of liquid. Its 3 weeks of pureed food & soft food. And the expectation is two have at least 3 stitches in the pouch, which didnt happen. No stitches fell out either.

Suzanna N.
on 12/23/07 10:41 am - Ocala, FL
The distal bypasses more intestines.
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/07 10:44 am
Dazz- I was sincere in my post-and did not mean for it to come across as blame.  I don't care what others think, but I didn't want to offend you-sorry if I may have.  I really wanted the procedure to work for you.
Most Active