StomaphyX

Nurse343
on 12/18/07 12:43 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Anyone had this done and anyone know a doctor close to colorado
JRinAZ
on 12/18/07 5:14 am - Layton, UT
Hi Samantha, The surgeon doing my revision does stomaphyx.  In fact, I know he's done others from Colorado.  I believe he does out of town/out of state consults via phone.  ....  He was the first Bariataric surgeon to be certified in Stomaphyx in our region of the country and has  gone through the learning curve to where he does an amazingly "tight and tidy" job.  He said he starated with the 1 row technique taught him in training  and now he puts in as many rows as he can maneuver with his teeny pediatric instrument!  LOL!  He doesn't want to have liquid even make it through there!  Just kidding! You can get in touch with him through his website info. www.azwls.com Good luck!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

findthetruth
on 12/20/07 10:15 am
I would be very careful with StomaphyX. It looks like it does not work past the liquid diet. I am thankful my doctor called a doctor in Europe who did many of the first procedures to really find out how often it works. If you go on an all liquid diet, like the procedure suggests, you will lose the weight. After that you gain all the weight back...and then some. I wonder, at $8,000 per 30 minute procedure and with all the advertisements, how these doctors keep their patients...why they do it is certainly for profits and by selling false hope? I want to see a study, and shame on those of you who pretend to be a patient and are working for a doctor on this board!
JRinAZ
on 12/20/07 11:53 am - Layton, UT
Hey there Find the truth, Your advice to be careful is great!  It should be heeded in regard to every single procedure that someone considers.  Doing research is of course very important.   Saying that Stomaphyx only works because someone goes on a liquid diet is like saying that any of the weight loss surgeries only work because people reduce the amount of food they eat.  It's kind of a "well duh".....Of course we lose weight when we cut back on food and calories but what is the tool that allows us to cut back? It's interesting that your surgeon found some European doc who dissed the stomaphyx.  Euroepean docs are the ones who are promoting it and who have been finding amazing success for months and months; much longer than in the U.S. ...... They provide much of the training and many of hte positive stats.  No need to banter.  There are many patient's who are very happy with their results and some who wish they had better results.  I'm not sure what motivation you'd have from discouraging folks from looking into it?  As for the amount of time it takes.......????  Lapbands take less than an hour as well and are twice as much money?  ....  Not sure what your point there is other than surgeon's and hospitals are expensive?  But, that's life! If you are referring to me as the person pretending to be a patient?  .....  I'll be on the operating table next week.....I guess that makes me a patient.  I do however work for 3 surgeons.  They are all Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who specialize in Post Bariataric Body Contouring.  My terrific Bariataric Revision surgeon is simply my friend and my surgeon who happens to work in the same building. ....  Twisted info can be a tad bit damaging don't you think?  There are many options to getting our second chance around.  Stomaphyx is a very good option.  I, however will be going proximal to distal.  However, should this step prove unsuccessful; I will definitely consider the stomaphyx. Cheers!
findthetruth
on 12/21/07 9:09 am, edited 1/7/08 6:12 am
Its not a second chance, StomaphyX is proven not to work. Some of the folks doing this are using their only revision insurance paid opportunity with this procedure. And it is known fail 100% of the time. You promote this because why? You doctors you work for? What about results? Do you care, like so many on this board, that it fails? Dont do this procedure. It looks good now, but look at the results. Your only paying the doctor alot of money. it DOES NOT WORK!
JRinAZ
on 12/21/07 9:56 am - Layton, UT

I'm a liar and a cheat?  Oh my gosh!  Your posting is bordering on crazy and is definitely vicious!  I'm posting my picture, my name, my profile....I tell everyone who I work for and where.  "If" I were doing any marketing for my surgeon's, it would be over on the Plastic Surgery Forum and I never even post there!

I am a Revision patient!  I post here because I take advice and give advice as others do.  I address info regarding Stomaphyx because I've researched it completely as an option for myself and because my Bariatric surgeon has patient's who are having success with it    I have disclosed that I am having a different Revision.  You are very misinformed regarding the insurance coverage among other things.  Stomaphyx is not even covered by insurance; so claiming it uses up someone's insurance chance for a Revision is just whacky!

The accusations are definitely bordering on slander on your part.......only problem is....you aren't coming clean with who you are???  It's very brave of you to take pot shots at a program, a person, a procedure when you are anonymous.  I'm hoping the moderator's wipe this entire thread off.....This kind of junk is not what these boards are meant for. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/07 9:39 pm
I would LOVE to see your proof that stomaphyx is "proven not to work and fails 100% of the time."  I think many of us would be interested to see your research.  Please provide links and not just opinions.    I've searched and searched and can't find ANY statistics.
Cheryl J.
on 12/21/07 10:24 pm
Well I can tell you from what I see is that the Stomaphyx works for some people and it doesnt work for others.  I am guessing that it depends on the person's anatomy, mainly the size and shape of the pouch to begin with. My mother had the Stomaphyx, and she is not pleased at all.  She is glad she didnt have to pay out of pocket, but she still had high co-pays. She wouldnt mind the co-pays if she had good results.  I had high expectations for the Stomaphyx, EROS, etc, but I am not impressed at all.  To tell you the truth I would rather go for the full revision with the heavy duty surgery and the pain, then go for these false hope procedures. I feel I wasted my time. Im glad that I didnt have to pay anything for my EROS procedure. If I did, I would be highly upset.
findthetruth
on 12/23/07 8:08 am
Hi DazzilingEyes, There was a study done in Europe and the results were all negative. They were done by 2 of the company's Scientific Advisory Board members, so it is free for all to hear, by me at least. The study was done prior to the US launch of the product and they knew it did not work. My advice, if you paid any amount for this, find a class action lawyer.
Suzanna N.
on 12/22/07 7:05 am - Ocala, FL
Can you provide any links to any studies to support what you are saying? Because if you can't, then this is just a ridiculous rant. And why are you accusing Joyce of shilling this procedure? I have not gotten that impression at all. I do have the impression that YOU are the one doing something here, with this thread for 'whatever' unknown gain? This is simply a tool and it is going to work for some and not for others.....Just like the initial surgeries did! How can you bash something you have not had? I have had it, and maybe in six months I will be bashing it as well. But it damn sure is going to be based on my experience and not based a bunch of rhetoric and false facts! And even if it fails miserably for me does not mean it will for the next person. Go eat your sour grapes....this board is suppose to be about support for one another.
Most Active