Joyce and Shawnta....Ten days and counting!!!

Suzanna N.
on 12/16/07 4:21 am - Ocala, FL
Hey you two! You are on my mind constantly! I can't believe it is only ten days more for you to wait. It is almost here! Can you believe it? Yeehaw!!! Suz
ellton
on 12/16/07 5:03 am
Hi there.  I'm hoping for the same revision.  I have Blue Cross CA.  What insurance plan do you have and how long did it take for them to approve you? Thanks!
Suzanna N.
on 12/17/07 3:15 am - Ocala, FL
I have BCBSFL, but I had a bit of an issue and a fight with them over a lost endorsement (I called it a stall). I got my approval quickly because I had to have surgery by end of this year, because next year my company will truly exclude the coverage. I BOMBED them with info and on the day they send me the approval letter they also told me WLS was excluded from my plan. I went nuclear on them and I had my approval letter in a couple of hours. So I am not a very good 'test' on what to expect with insurance. I did go find out their position statement on WLS online and I threw it right back at them when they tried to tell me that they wouldn't pay for a revision. That was not thier policy or position at all. Good luck, Suz
Shawnta H.
on 12/16/07 9:23 am - Ellicott City, MD
Suzanna, You were on my mind all weekend. I was so happy to see your update this morning!  Now  that you have made it to the other side you can save seats for Nancy and me.   I was just talking to another preop about how the time is flying.  I hope things go as smoothly for us as they did for you. Happy Holidays S
JRinAZ
on 12/16/07 10:01 am - Layton, UT
Thanks for thinking of us Suzanna!  I'd love to hear about your post-op program.....It sounds like I'll have clears for 4 days and then full liquids for a couple of weeks.   I put on a black skirt for Church today that was definitely snug.....but fit great last year.  I thought to myself....this skirt will be falling off of me next year!  LOL! .....We've got to have dreams or what else is there, right?!!!! Are you having nausea?  Yucky potty?  hunger?  Pain? Keep in touch!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Suzanna N.
on 12/17/07 3:41 am - Ocala, FL
I hope things go as smoothly for you guys too. I am feeling really good. Sittng here now on no pain meds and feel fine and dandy. I took a nice long walk in the cool crisp air a bit ago. I will tell you my quick hospital story....everyone was so great there...a truly terrific bunch....well....except the kitchen... They put me on clear liquids immediately and brought me a tray.  On it was: SF lime jello, a 300 calorie "full sugar" protien shake. Full sugar pineapple juice, two full sugar sherbert cups, and a cup of coffee. I had some jello and a sip or two of coffee and explained that I couldn't have this other stuff and they appologized and said they would fix it. Next meal: SF lime jello, a 170 calorie "diabetic" protien shake. broth, two full sugar sherbert cups, a cup of coffee.........and .....tada...........a shasta lemon-lime sugar free soda! So this time I told my surgeon (Dr. Overcash) and I can only describe the look on his face as "interesting". He did tell me no one would ever have to worry about that happening again. Now as far as nausea. The first night after surgery I had four bouts of nausea and had to ask for meds because I was starting to heave. After that, no more. I had stomach spasms for the first two nights and now they are gone. I have only had 2 # 2's so far. Seems ok, not too much in me yet so hard to tell. I am supposed to do full liquids for 3 weeks and then its on to regular food. I feel really full on a half a cup of food so far with this stomaphX. I haven't pushed beyond the half cup yet. As far as hunger....zero...none. Oddly feels like when I had my first RNY. My pouch feels very very tight.  Pain, not too bad this time at all. More just that incision and pouch tightness than any real pain. Yeah....that skirt is going to be WAY too big next year girl!!! Talk to you soon. Suz
Most Active