2 days...

candyshoe
on 12/15/07 5:53 am - Kokomo, IN
I'm having my revision bright and early Mon. morning.  Of course, the main problem is that I have to drive an hour away and the weather is supposed to be getting real bad here.  I have a hotel reservation for tomorrow, but still trying to decide if to go tonight instead. I'm going from an open VBG that I had 10-1/2 yrs. ago to an open RNY.   I haven't gotten my Christmas shopping done or anything.  I've been trying to get it approved for over 2 yrs. and then it got approved and the time went so fast.  I'm not real prepared like I thought I'd be.  My sugar was really high and they weren't going to do it if I didn't get it down, so it's down, but my diabetes meds make me really sick......I've been sick since Thurs. 12/6, but I'm doing better, but I don't always feel good when standing in lines for long periods, so it's hard to do the shopping.  I figure my hubby can get most of the stuff, but I haven't gotten him anything yet either. Good luck to everyone who's trying to decide or who is getting a revision.  Merry Christmas! Candy
darnell239
on 12/15/07 7:12 am - Columbia, SC
Candy, I hope all goes well for you.  Stop worrying about the Christmas shopping.  The number 1 concern right now is to have a successful surgery with no complications.  Please keep the board updated to how the surgery goes.  Merry Christmas!
candyshoe
on 12/15/07 8:36 am - Kokomo, IN
Darnell, Thank you for the positive words.  Hopefully everything will go well.  I will keep everyone updated as soon as I can.   I know I need to quit worrying about the Christmas shopping. I thought I'd have time, but since I was sick before I didn't. Merry Christmas to you, too! 
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/07 8:24 am - Brampton, Canada
Best wishes Candy on your revision!
candyshoe
on 12/15/07 8:33 am - Kokomo, IN

Thank you Donna.  It looks like yours went pretty well.  Mine will be an open RNY, but hopefully it'll go as well. We're going down to Indy tonight because of the snow, so I'll be there. Candy

Suzanna N.
on 12/16/07 4:24 am - Ocala, FL

I am sending you lots of positive thoughts. and like Darnelle said.....don't worry about the shopping........ This is YOUR window of opportunity. Be selfish and enjoy it. Its OK to do that once in a while. Good luck, Suz

candyshoe
on 12/21/07 9:07 am - Kokomo, IN
Thank you Suzanna.  I did not have a very good time.  My kidneys were not functioning right and my blood pressure was real low.  They're not sure why, unless I was dehydrated when I went in, but I thought I had enough liquid stuff......maybe not.  They gave me a spinal block and anasthesia both since it was a revision, they thought it'd be easier.  It did help as far as pain.  I didn't feel any pain until Tues. late afternoon or early evening. Anyway, I'm home and doing pretty good now. Candy
godzilla
on 12/16/07 9:39 pm - Israel

I am thinking of you and praying that your op really happened! Mikimi

candyshoe
on 12/21/07 9:03 am - Kokomo, IN
I'm finally home.  I had problems with my kidneys and my blood pressure was real low.  They put me in ICU for 3 days.  But I'm doing ok now.   I'm glad to hear you have appts.  I hope they work out for you. Candy
Most Active