delete

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/07 12:19 pm, edited 7/3/08 4:49 am

JRinAZ
on 12/14/07 2:52 pm - Layton, UT
Stomaphyx = $8,000 with Dr. Schlesinger in Phoenix, I think Dr. Overcash  in FL is around $10,000 as is Dr. Garber in NY.  These are the surgeon's with the most experience in the procedure. Someone said that the stomaphyx does not reduce the size of the stoma.  I can assure you that it most certainly does.  I have seen many before and after pictures and if any food can slip through what little opening is left; it would be a miracle.  I don't think people should discredit this procedure just because the majority of results have been losses under 50 pounds.  The perfect candidate of someone who would benefit by a stomaphyx is someone who is around 30 to 40 pounds from their goal.  So, for them to lose 20 to 30 pounds is amazing and what I'd consider a huge success.  I know that most Stomaphyx surgeon's believe that anyone needing to lose over 50 pounds should consider a full revision of some type rather than just the stomaphyx.  I think Dr. Overcash actrually does a revision of proximal to distal along with the stomaphyx.   I'm gong to gie my upcoming distal a good shot at working but seriously think I'll want the stomaphyx as well sometime down the line; just to mend the pouch and stoma.  Maybe insurance will kick in sometime soon to help with the stomaphyx! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Suzanna N.
on 12/14/07 10:58 pm - Ocala, FL
Dr. Overcash sure does! He revised my RNY from Proximal to Distal and fixed the pouch and stoma with the stomaphyX. I am sure it will relax a bit, but right now that pouch feels tighter than a drum. Suz
Terronda
on 1/21/08 6:39 am - Blythewood, SC
so if you dont mind me asking, how much was it for your revision?
Most Active