Scheduled for EROS procedure 12/19

Cheryl J.
on 12/13/07 8:44 am
Hi all... Im finally scheduled to do the EROS procedure with Dr. Bessler on the 19th ( my 7yr old daughters birthday :(.  But im excited to have it done finally. Dr. Bessler was waiting for the new tool to come in. Its shorter so he can be more agressive with making the pouch smaller. I hope this works. I am praying that it will. Cheryl
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/07 9:07 am
BEST of luck with it Cheryl...please keep us posted with your results!! 
Cheryl J.
on 12/13/07 9:22 am
Thank you lullaby.  I will definitely keep everyone posted!
darnell239
on 12/13/07 8:44 pm - Columbia, SC
Dazzling Eyes,  I'm trying to remember is the Eros procedure a trial study or is this a procedure you are paying for?   Does this procedure only offer restriction and if so have you ever considered having the lapband placed over  your previous bypass?  I know I am so full of questions but I think awhile back you stated your mom had the stomaphx procedure how is that going for her?
KRWaters
on 12/14/07 9:27 am - Manteca, CA
Hi Cheryl, I think I spoke with you before. I was questioning the stomaphyx too a few months ago. I have decided to go with a full revision to a DS. I feel that will give me the best chance of taking off the weight and keeping it off long term. The reason I decided not to do the stomaphyx or Eros was because I wanted something more trustworthy that I knew would work. I wish you well.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Cheryl J.
on 12/14/07 12:05 pm
I hear ya. I feel the same way. Im doing the EROS because at least I dont have to pay for it, and I could always get a full revision if this doesnt work. I hope it does work, but if it doesnt I might consider the lap band. I have heard many success stories with the band over the rny. Good luck with your DS journey!
KRWaters
on 12/14/07 1:50 pm - Manteca, CA
I wish you well. But please check out the DS before you go with the band...if the Eros doesn't work, okay? There has been a large percentage of failure with the band too.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

darnell239
on 12/15/07 7:21 am - Columbia, SC
Dazzling Eyes, I am in the process of trying to have the lapband over the bypass.  I checked into the DS but your situation might be like mine.  Most surgeon who perform the DS will not perform it if your BMI is not over 50.  In my area the closest doctor who perform the procedure is out of state and he does not perform the surgery as a revision.  For right now I am going to try and get what insurance will pay for.
Most Active