A Revision for Christmas!!!

Suzanna N.
on 12/8/07 9:40 am - Ocala, FL
Thank you so much and I am very excited to get this show back on the road......... I have all of my protein drinks purchased and the house is stocked with my "special needs" foods for that first month or two. My surgery will be open as well, just like my last one. Oh well, what can you do! I am determined to finish the job this time as well!  I guess this is where we "revisions"  do have a slight benefit. The old saying....."if i knew then what I know now"..... Well, this time we KNOW already.  We know that the honeymoon period is truly just that and you better work it for all it is worth. I agree we all need to check in with each other in January and swap stories, etc. I bet you are excited too. What a present!!!! Suz
Shawnta H.
on 12/8/07 1:08 pm, edited 12/8/07 1:10 pm - Ellicott City, MD
Suzanna/Joyce, I'm so excited for all of us and I can't wait to see you both on the other side.  I totally agree with you Suzanne about "if I knew then what I know now".  I really feel that this time around I will be a success simply because I now know exactly what will cause me to fail. I also agree about the honeymoon period I am going to milk it for all its worth this time!!!!!!  Where did you ladies order your supplements from.  I need to do that this week.  I definitely think we should organize a virtual tea party after the first of the year to swap experiences.  Best of luck to both of you and I will lift you both up in my prayers! S  
Suzanna N.
on 12/9/07 9:24 am - Ocala, FL
I had real trouble with the protein drinks last time. The Bariatric nurse at the hospital I will be at brought these "lean body" drinks to a support meeting and they were actually good. I ordered them online at Amazon.com. I think they are made by Labrada and they are 17oz. cartons. I got the chocolate and the banana to start with. I was so bad about the protein last time that I am bound and determined to get it in properly this time. Gosh....I can't believe its almost here. I have my preop appointment tomorrow afternoon......
Deanne K.
on 12/10/07 7:27 am - Tucson, AZ
Joyce, Good luck to you on your revision.  I still am very hesitant on getting a distal.  It is major decisions to be made.  I know you will be in the best of care.  I sure like meeting Dr. Schlesinger at the OH convention along with you.   Does Dr. S usually do opens for revisions?  Just curious, I didn't ask him that question. If I don't talk to you Merry Christmas everyone!  Say hello to your hubby too. Deanne
JRinAZ
on 12/10/07 9:32 am - Layton, UT
Hi there old friend!!!! Dr. S is having to do my revision open because my original wls was open and I've had too many other surgeries, causing scar tissue ......too much of a challenge to do laparascopically.  Open is safer and faster for my case.  He'll be doing some insurance stuff while he's there (hernia, ulcer, exploratory bowel, etc.) Hey.....we're going to be puting on a mini "one day" seminar in Sierra Vista on the 26th of January.  Maybe you and your group of Tucson buds could swing down????  We're going to put on a lovely luncheon spread between Dr. S and Dr. Heffel (plastic surgeon)....NO CHARGE.  10 to 1 p.m. Merry Christmas back attcha sweetie pie!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Deanne K.
on 12/12/07 3:07 am - Tucson, AZ
Joyce, Keep me informed about the seminar.  I might be interested.  I always have more questions, you know later. I want to do the surgery but am very scared to do this again.  My PCP didn't seem to enthused either.  So, when I see him in January, maybe we will have more time to discuss it. Deanne
TMLinton
on 12/9/07 10:18 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
Wow!  Looks like Santa is giving everyone a revision for Christmas this year.  Mine is scheduled Jan. 7 with Dr. Simon in Phoenix.  I don't have start my liquid pre-op diet until after I've eaten Christmas dinner.   I'm excited and axious all at the same time.  I had my initial surgery nine years ago and lost 140 pounds.  I managed to gain back more than 100 of that.  I'm hoping I can work off those 100 pounds and a bit more.  Hopefully, the knowledge and experience I have gained will help me be more successful this time around. Happy Holidays and good luck to everyone.
JRinAZ
on 12/9/07 12:23 pm - Layton, UT
Hi there fellow Arizonian!  Congrats on your upcoming revision!  ....We'll be just days away! .....I actually work just a few blocks away from where Dr. Simon does his surgeries (I'm at North Valley Plastic Surgery on Tatum and the 101).  I'd pop in and visit you at the hospital but will only be a few days post-op from my revision (Dec 26).  I'll be thinking of you though and hoping all goes well! I notice you're from Sierra Vista.  I'll be coming down there with oen of my plastic surgeon's on the 26th of January.  He will be presenting plastic surgery information to the Sierra Vista support group.  Maybe you could come so we could compare revision notes! Happy Healthy Holidays to you!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ALABAMA
on 12/10/07 12:06 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

THAT IS JUST WONDERFUL NEWS...... WHAT A DELIGHTFUL CHRISTMAS PRESENT........  KEEP  US POSTED ...... HAPPY RECOVERY......HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU                                             FROM GLENDA IN GA.

SophieGrace
on 12/10/07 1:25 am - IL
Congratulations on getting your surgery!!!! With any luck at all, I'll be having mine then as well.  I'm white-knuckling the insurance approval stage right now.  Since my surgery doesn't pay for WLS, we're not sure if I'll have to sue them to get a revision (staple-line disruption). I'll think good thoughts for you!
Most Active