A Revision for Christmas!!!

JRinAZ
on 12/7/07 8:18 am - Layton, UT
After a couple of years of researching the best fix for my broken Rny, I have decided to go Distal from my proximal!  Woooooooo Hoooooooo!  I"m soooo excited!  I'm scheduled with Dr. Eric Schlesinger for the 26th of December! Nothing says Merry Christmas like a bowel prep but ..........knowing it's for a GREAT cause; I can definitely give up Christmas dinner this year! I WAS going to do the lapband over the Rny then I Was going to get stomaphyX BUT....... I wanted to be a bit more aggressive.  Since I am already a supplement fenatic, I'm hoping I'll be able to manage my "high maintenance" future Any Proximals to Distals out there?  Opinions?  Info? It sounds like there's a few of us having a Christmas Revision!  Want to keep in touch?
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

crystalbear61
on 12/7/07 8:47 am - Riverside, CA
I am now a Distal from a Proximal. I had my revision Oct 3rd and I am down 35 lbs so far. I love it so far. Just alot of GAS. But I can live with that. I can NOT eat any SUGAR or super FATTY food or I am in the potty within a few mintues. Good Luck and Take Care Rose in Calif
JRinAZ
on 12/7/07 10:15 am - Layton, UT
Wow Rose!  That is an awesome result!  That makes me sooooooooo excited!!!  I'm wondering if any of the anit-gas products help?  Have you tried them?  ....  My hubby just mentioned how "HE" is worried about my future gas attacks!  LOL!  I told him we'd invest in some great candles, air frsheners and that I'd chew beeno all the time.  I don't mind my own pain and suffering from a surgery tha is my choice but I feel for co-workers and family members! Good luck Rose and keep in touch!
Joyce 

crystalbear61
on 12/7/07 10:49 am - Riverside, CA
lol.. I can't stand myself at times.. We have cans of air freshner in every room in our house..lol..I have been using Devrom. You can only buy it online. and it does work. it is an intenal deordant.(sp) I think I paid like 15.00 for a bottle of 100. and they taste like bananas. chewables. Well I am on my way to fight the crowds. I am going to go xmas shopping. I have put it off long enough. I don't want to put it off any longer..lol Let's keep in touch. We will be in Laughlin for New Year's. We spend New Year's in Laughlin every New's Years.. Talk to you soon. Rose in Calif
Shawnta H.
on 12/8/07 1:14 am - Ellicott City, MD
Hello Rose, First of congratulations on your 35# loss.  I can't wait to take a seat on the losers bench only this time lets hope i stay in my seat (lol).  Do you know how  distal your surgeon made you?  I'm just curious how much the common channel length has to do with initial weight loss. Thanks S
crystalbear61
on 12/8/07 2:12 am - Riverside, CA
Hello.. I want to say..150. I think that is what he said. but I think he said I had like 6 feet of intestine left. if that makes sense. sometimes these Dr. terms confuse me..lol Good Luck Rose in Calif
Shawnta H.
on 12/8/07 1:03 am - Ellicott City, MD
Hello Joyce, I am also having a revision from Proximal Rny to Distal Rny on December 26,  I am so excited I had my original RNY in December 2000 and I lost 160 lbs but after having my son I have regained about 60lbs.  I can't wait for the pounds to start coming off again. I would really like to keep in touch so that we can track each others progress and serve as a source of encouragement. Congratulation and Good Luck!!!! Shawnta
JRinAZ
on 12/8/07 7:16 am - Layton, UT
Hey Shawnta! I LOVE knowing I'll have a surgery sister!  Let's check in as soon as we can afterwards.  I'll be thinking of you on Christmas days while I watch others eating and I'm sipping my clear liquids!  :)  Totally worth missing it though!  I'll just have myself a very very Merry Christmas Eve!  LOL! Happy Holidays!  Happy Healing!
Joyce 

Suzanna N.
on 12/8/07 6:55 am - Ocala, FL
I am going proximal to distal for christmas too..... 12/12/07. Happy Revision to us all!!!
JRinAZ
on 12/8/07 7:14 am - Layton, UT
Suzanna, I'll be thinking of you on the 12th!  I'll bet you are sooooo excited!  .....  We should all check in with each other in January to see how our New Year is going!!!   My goal is to be at goal before summer!  I'm back into the walking and have ordered all of my supplements so I can take absolutely positively the best possible care of my new high maintenance body!  LOL!  I"m trying to get 4 protein drinks in each day to get ready for surgery. Happy losing and heaing to all of us!  I'm having to go open because of so many previous surgeries/scar tissue and because the Doc will be doing a bowel obstruction fix at the same time.  It means a few more days of healing will be involved.  I'm all psyched up though to be the perfect post-op.  I sincerely want to take the best care of this surgery and won't take any weight loss at all for granted! Best Wishes!
Joyce 

Most Active