Testing in a couple of weeks

happy girl
on 11/27/07 9:11 pm

I am really excited that my testing for the RESTORe study has been scheduled for a couple of weeks time.  After the tests, I will find if I am eligible.  I hope so.  I really hope so!  I am trying to prepare myself for that being the case.  The RN Manager said they have had had a lot of people not eligible for various reasons after the tests.

I plan on updating, but wanted to share my news.  I can't believe I so excited over a bunch of tests :)

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/07 11:10 pm
I'm very happy for you!!  I know just how you feel...I wanted it done so badly!  Message me after your upper endoscopy. Btw...I'm down 20 lbs now and just over 3 weeks out.  I'm eating soft foods now and really feeling it.  I ate 1/2 of the meat from a roasted chicken thigh yesterday and I was stuffed.  It's been so long since I've been full in my pouch.
happy girl
on 11/28/07 12:27 am

What a great result you have had so far.  Do you mind if I ask how much you have to lose?  Did you  and the Dr plan out a goal?  Have you had any problems or concerns?  when is your next follow up?

Since I am traveling, they are getting everything done in 2 days, and I will know after day one if I am good to go.  If not, naturally day 2 testing will be canceled.  My hubs is trying to prepare me for not being a candidate, and I know that is a possibility, but I am focusing on being positive.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/07 4:06 am
I have a lot to lose...lol.  That's why I'm losing so fast early on.  I know it will slow down considerably.  Originally I was 325 pre RNY..lost down to 217...got pregnant...2 kids, 7 yrs and an enlarged stoma later I was up to 268.  So this morning I was 248...yay!!  My next appt is in 3 weeks-that will be my 6 week marker...then I go at 3 months, and then finally at 6 months.   Because this is research, they don't set up any individual goals.  They really just want to see if the procedure basically WORKS.  I haven't had any problems at all after the first couple of days post op (SEVERE sore throat).  Oh yeah....and the liquid diet is enough to drive anyone insane.  I wasn't really hungry, but I really missed eating!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/07 2:32 am
Lullaby123, congratulation on the weight loss!  I am so excited for you . . .
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/07 2:31 am
I am excited about the testing, too.  I go this Wednesday.  I will let you know what happens.
Most Active