4 wks post op from revision

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/07 5:39 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
I had a revision from the old Gastroplasty (similar to the LapBand) where they staple the stomach and make a 4 oz pouch and then the food has to go down a small dime size hole into the regular stomach.  It worked for 11 years and I lost over 100 pounds but then I started throwing up everytime I ate anything that was good and healthy.  The only thing I could get down was sugar and chips that dissolve in my mouth so I started gaining the weight back.  I gained about 60 pounds back so I had a revision to RNY on May 7th 2007 and have lost 99.5 pounds and have 10 pounds to goal.  I have never felt so wonderful.   I love it but I get scared when I hear that people gain the weight back with the RNY because I am 60 years old and I know they won't do another revision on me.  My surgery was 7 hours long because of all the scar tissue and most of the scar tissue was around the hole where the food went down and the doctor said that the hole was the size of a pin and that's why I was throwing up so much. I am just praying that I don't gain this weight back or I will just die. Hugs to you all, Esther
Most Active