RESTORe patients - check in

happy girl
on 11/21/07 11:53 am

I wanted to see how you all are doing.  I hope everything is going well.  I am still trying to get my testing scheduled, so hopefully I will have that done by the end of 2007, and a decision will be made if I am eligible for the study or not.  

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/07 12:58 pm

I posted recently about having had the procedure done on November 6.  I had my 2 week appt today..I just had to see the nutritionist and the research nurse.  I've lost about 15 pounds so far but so would anyone on a liquid diet!  I'm not supposed to start soft foods/pureed until tomorrow but yesterday and today I had a little tuna with mayo.  I took about 20 minutes to eat a small can (3 oz) and it tasted like heaven.  I was very very careful...took small bites and mashed the heck out of them in my mouth.  I was completely satisfied and content.  I can't wait to be able to eat "normal" foods to really test out the restriction.  Right now I still have to be careful that I don't dislodge any stitches.   I hope you can get your appts scheduled soon! 

happy girl
on 11/21/07 9:27 pm

I am glad you posted.  Well done on your success so far!!!  It sounds like you are doing really well.  I will do practically anything for a 15# loss, but you are right, when it's nothing but those liquids, you sometimes don't have a choice :)

I will keep everyone updated on my progress, as soon as something starts happening :)

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/07 1:40 pm
How can I get into the restore trial?
Kathy B.
on 11/27/07 10:27 am - East Windsor, CT

I went to Brigham and Women's yesterday in Boston for a RESTORe study.  I had an endoscopy and passed - I was delighted.  However, today, I had an upper GI and they found a fistula - now I cannot be considered for the free study.   I was very upset most of the day.  However, I realize that this means that I have two reasons for the weight gain - the large stoma opening AND the fistula.  Not just because I am a failure.  That does help emotionally. Now I need to find out what else I can do -- does anyone else have experience with this?  Does insurance cover a fistula - even if I haven't developed any comorbidities YET?  Can they do the fistula repair and the RESTORe procedure at the same time? Anyone with any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kathy

Most Active