revision of gastro-jejunostomy

Barbara T.
on 11/19/07 12:46 pm
Hi,
I am scheduled to have a revision of the Gastro-jejunostomy aka stomach bowel fusion. I was wondering if anyone has undergone this type of revision and what can I expect post operatively.
Thanks,

"It's Never too Late to be what you might have been"...George Eliot
Kahiah1
on 11/19/07 2:52 pm - LivingHappy, AL
Are you referring to the stoma created between the stomach pouch and the small intestines during some types of gastric bypass?

When Half-Gods go, the Gods arrive.
R
unning along the mini-mall parking lot, swinging a jeweled axe, cometh Kahiah! And she gives a vengeful cry:

"Brace yourself, oh speck of dust! I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!"

Barbara T.
on 11/19/07 2:59 pm
Hi Kahiah
yes, I had an upper G.I and the test results came back
that there was a quite rapid outflow for the gastric remnant more than is typically expected and so I am scheduled for a revision gastro-jejunotomy.

Kahiah1
on 11/19/07 3:04 pm - LivingHappy, AL
Good luck on it. I hope your revision results in food leaving your stomach pouch slower, and keeps you full longer! May the force be with you.

When Half-Gods go, the Gods arrive.
R
unning along the mini-mall parking lot, swinging a jeweled axe, cometh Kahiah! And she gives a vengeful cry:

"Brace yourself, oh speck of dust! I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!"

Barbara T.
on 11/20/07 1:09 pm
Thank you, I'll take all the good wishes I can get!

Most Active