Love the Stomaphyx

frog_flats
on 11/19/07 12:17 pm
As many, I've lurked for a couple of months.  I thought I might as well stick my 2 cents worth into the mix.  I had gastric bypass in 2000.  My goal was to lose 100lbs.  I lost 140 at the end of the year but quickly rebounded up to my goal of 100lbs.  I had slowly gained weight over the years but in the last 2 years had gained 40lbs. and was scared to death.  I was very excited when I first heard about the Stomaphyx and this forum.  Even though many people had mixed or negative messages, I felt this would be the best option for me. I had the procedure done October 25th by Dr. John Mason in Bryan, Texas.  The first few post op days were difficult especially since I had decided to stop drinking coffee along with the carb withdrawal (it sounded like a good idea at the time :).  At my 2 week follow-up I had lost 15 lbs.  I am nearly a month out and think I have lost about 20+ .  The best part is that I feel the way I did after my bypass,   I eat small portions without any hunger and have tons of energy back.  I am so thankful to have this second chance and I will not need a third!  Good luck to all of you
JROLFSON
on 11/19/07 11:50 pm - St. George, UT
Thanks so much for posting this. I am considering Stomaphyx along with several other procedures to revise my RNY. The more good I hear about the PHYX the more I want it and not another invasive major revision. Keep us posted as time goes on. Thanks Again, JRolfson
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/07 8:14 am
Are you still on soft foods at a month out?  I had a similar procedure done 2 weeks ago and I'm about to start soft foods.  Does your doctor recommend soft foods until about 6 weeks out?
frog_flats
on 11/21/07 8:17 am
Dr. Mason's (Brazos Bariatric) main instructions were to only eat foods that I could chew until it is a paste like consistency.  Also, stay away from doughy foods like breads and pastas.  I don't really feel like eating that much anyway so it isn't really an issue.  I wasn't even that anxious to get off the liquids.  I just want to utilize this saitey to the max and certainly don't want to blow my baffles :)  Hope you're doing well after your procedure.
Most Active