DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT INSURANCE IS BEST

JROLFSON
on 11/15/07 3:05 am - St. George, UT
ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT INSURANCE IS BEST TO HAVE WHEN OPTING FOR A REVISION? I WOULD LOVE TO RESEARCH SEVERAL OPTIONS, TO DATE I CAN'T FIND ANY INSURANCE THAT WILL COVER MY REVISION. THANKS, JROLFSON
Shawnta H.
on 11/15/07 5:14 am - Ellicott City, MD
I live in Maryland and have BCBS PPO they approved my revision in 24 hours. S
crystalbear61
on 11/15/07 2:33 pm - Riverside, CA
I also have BCBS PPO and I was approved within 15 days. I am about 6 weeks out and down 21 lbs. I would do it all over again. Good Luck Rose
KRWaters
on 12/8/07 11:28 am - Manteca, CA
I don't think it is the insurance, but more what your particular plan provides. Some employers pay for the option of WLS, other employers will not consider it. So if you are working, check with your employer and HR to see what your particular plan provides.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

~~Sami~~ *.
on 12/12/07 9:25 am - Jacksonville, FL
I've heard United is good in general for WLS. I'd find out which plans are offered by your company and see what their policy is.  Ours allows revisions... but you basically have to requality... meaning BMI of 40+ and 6 month diet.  Blech! (I love St. George... one of my diet attempts was a month at the National Institute of Fitness (now Red Mountain).) :)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active