How to get a revision?

MyWlsProgress
on 11/13/07 11:32 am
I started at 382 + and got down to 215 I am almost 4 years out and at 254 I would like to know more info on a revision. Any info. Thanks
ocgurl143
on 11/14/07 4:29 am - anaheim, CA
Hi There ! Well from what I have read, its revising what was already done. In other words, if your stoma is enlarged, they can make it small again or you can opt for a completely different surgery like a DS. I am about 6 years out and have gained back most of my weight due to giving birth and of course overeating and I am on here to look for a revision also. I am thinking of the duodenal switch but have to wait to start everything until the beginning of the year bc of insurance issues. Good Luck!
KRWaters
on 11/17/07 3:40 am - Manteca, CA
As the above poster said, check out the DS or duodenal switch. Go to duodenalswitch.com and check on surgeons nearer to you who does the DS or venture further out. You probably will have to travel to find a bariatric surgeon who does the DS, one who takes your insurance, and fits all the other criteria you have have. Keep looking, there is a surgeon out there for you. Also, several doctors out of country do the DS and are very, very proficient in doing so and some of the best all over.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

KKennedy927
on 12/5/07 6:56 am - Toledo, OH
Hi all, I am new to this site and it was recommended that I post here in the revision forum.  I had lap band done almost two years ago and now I have a surgery date for RNY next month.  Band never really did work for me,never really felt restriction and I'm still eating like a pig!!! I lost about 20lbs in the beginning but I'm right back to where I started out pre-band.   I am hoping RNY will finally be my savior.  Anyone else go from band to RNY?  Any advice? Kim
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/07 8:56 am - TX

have you looked into the DS?  I'm a revision from RNY to DS.  If you read here on the revision boards you will see many failed RNY's and lapbands.  There is only one DS patient who posts her and she was also a revision from RNY and I don't believe her surgeon took her pouch completely down.  I could be wrong.

I love my DS and don't have to worry about all the things I had to worry about with the RNY, such as food getting stuck, vomiting, dumping and regain.

Most Active