I failed the cottage cheese test.

Suzanna N.
on 11/11/07 3:55 am - Ocala, FL
18 ounces! I am over nine years out.....but how the heck does 1/2 ounce pouch stretch to18 ounces? I am transected! I never lost all of my weight with my first RNY, but I did not start re-gaining weight till I picked up my first diet soda in 2002!!! I will never drink a carbonated beverage again.
ShayZ
on 11/12/07 3:12 am - Somewhere, TX

Good golly, I am feeling your pain.  I have been looking into revision for a couple of months now and saw a nutritionist last week, she said that sodas are the number 1 killer of WLS. I had my original surgery 5 1/2 years ago and no one ever told me to stay away from carbonation...sugars sodas yes, carbonation, no.

I am going to pray for you that everything turns out well.  Please forgive my ignorance but what does transected mena with respect to the pouch?

Suzanna N.
on 11/12/07 4:23 am - Ocala, FL

My stomach was surgically divided and not stapled only.  Sometimes a staple line can rupture and you lose the restriction.

ocgurl143
on 11/12/07 3:13 am - anaheim, CA

I am hooked to Diet Coke and that is what I also believe was the demise of my original surgery! I had lost about 75 lbs and have regained that in the course of 2 years. I have had a baby since also and Diet Coke is the ONLY soda I drink. I know it all goes back to "the DR was right !"

smittygirl
on 11/19/07 4:01 pm - Bridgeport, CT
What exactly is the cottage cheese test?
Suzanna N.
on 11/21/07 9:29 am - Ocala, FL
first thing in the morning, eat lowfat small curd cottage cheese until you are full. eat as much as you can in 5-10 minutes and then fill up the remainder of container with water. keep note of how many ounces of water it takes to refill the container. It is supposed to tell you the size of your pouch, but I think my stoma is letting food pass directly into my intestines as well.
covingtono
on 12/26/07 1:52 am - Williamstown, NJ
Hi. Can someone tell me what is the deal with soda? I am 5 mos. out from lapband to RNY and have been craving and drinking soda like crazy for the last couple of weeks. Meanwhile, i never craved soda prior to surgery. Is the sugar content the problem, or does it affect your surgery in some other way? Please let me know before i have another ginger ale!
Most Active