Anyone had Luck with revision and Tricare?

Kerry F.
on 11/9/07 3:42 pm - Fairbanks, AK
Hi I had a baby 4 months ago and am now carrying an extra 50lbs that I cannot lose!  I have Tricare and am wondering if anyone else in my situation had any luck with them?  Did they approve anything, if so what? What would be the best option to go with to get the weight off and keep it off? Kerry

Born 07/07/2007 Boy!!

mbarn1403
on 11/10/07 8:22 am - Hampton, GA
Hello Kerry I have had two babys sense gastri bypass and I cant loose the weight either and am considering revision so sorry I cant be of much help but I'm glad I'm not the only one who is having this problem. Also we are switching over to tricare soon so when I read in the handbook it says that they approve surgerys if you already had gastric but I'm not sure which revision it is but if you find out could you please let me know. Thanks in advance and good luck.
Kerry F.
on 11/10/07 3:59 pm - Fairbanks, AK
Hi I am so ambaressed and ashamed to be a failure after this surgery!  My son is 4 months old and my husband is deploying next year I am thinking about getting pregnant now again and have the next one and get it over with (my sister is coming to stay with me whil he is gone)  I never know if he is going to be here one month to the next at least when she is here I am guarenteed help for a full year. I am going to see a Dr on 27 Nov and am going to ask for a refferal to be put in for a bariatric DR.  I did speak to one and had to get my "Operative report" from the surgeon that did my surgery to begin with. Please email me at [email protected] if you find out anything as I will to you too. Kerry

Born 07/07/2007 Boy!!

mbarn1403
on 11/10/07 11:31 pm - Hampton, GA
Hey Kerry dont think that you failed the surgery you had to feed the little one and when we get preggo and have to eat a little more to make the baby healthy I think it stretches out our pouch, however some women bounce back and some dont like us so dont feel like your alone. Not sure if you know that there is a forum on here for post op preggo but I am on there and there are alot of women in our shoes and they are really nice so it would be nice if you could join us also on the other board. Consider your self lucky on getting help when your husband leaves because me my husband is leaving in Jan to do more training and I have 3 kids and no family or friends close by. Well I hope to hear from you soon and good luck with the new baby and the weight loss.
Most Active