Stomaphyx updates?

Shelley S.
on 11/4/07 9:05 am - Belmont, CA
I'll start.  I had it with Dr. Wetter on 9/24.  I lost about 10 lbs the first two weeks (due to liquid diet which was torture).  I haven't lost any since.  I feel like I never had it done.  Food still passes through quickly.  I had sushi last night and ate plenty (well, for a wls patient - about a cup).  Hungry less than an hour later.  I see my surgeon on Wednesday.  Last time I saw him he said he'd do it again.  I'm hesitant  and feel taken advantage of just because I have insurance. ~Shelley
darnell239
on 11/4/07 10:19 am - Columbia, SC
Shelley, Thanks for posting.  I can see now that the stomaphx is not all is cracked up to be.  Continue to keep us updated.
FIREMANTRB
on 11/5/07 6:58 am - OH
Hey everyone I went today to talk to a surgion (Dr. Mikami at OSU med center).  He said I was a good candidate for the StomaPhyx for the procedure, but wanted me to apply to insurance myself.  I plan on doing just that.  I am trying to find a sample letter to send to my insurance.  I know I will have a fight on my hands, but I did with my original RNY and won.  Does anyone have a copy of the letter you submitted (or your physician submitted) to the insurance for the StomaphyX?  If you dont mind, could you send it to me via emal to [email protected]  Thanks and have a great day.  Tim
Most Active