VBG REVISION TO LAPBAND - NEAR GOAL!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/07 1:45 am - Brampton, Canada
Well I had a VBG 20 yrs. ago back when it was done in a manner that most of us experienced staple line disruption through no fault of our own resulting in weight regain over the years.  I had gone from 260 down to 113 lbs for the first several years.   This time round I had the Lapband April /06 and in 18 months have gone from 250 down to 132 with only 7 more pounds to goal and with no malabsorption.  I feel wonderful now!
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/07 2:26 am
Wow Donna!  Congratulations!!!  You're an inspiration!! 
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/07 12:10 pm - Brampton, Canada
Thanks for the kind word lullaby.
darnell239
on 11/1/07 11:55 am - Columbia, SC

Congratulations!  Has it been a lot of hard work to loose this weight?  What advice would you give anyone seeking this?

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/07 12:13 pm - Brampton, Canada
It takes patience and perseverence to get to the right fill level (restriction) but worth every bit of the $16000 it cost me.  If you get banded it is most important to get an experienced knowledgeable band surgeon with a great staff for surgery and aftercare.  Also important to belong to band websites and forums and if you can in person support groups.  I love my band!
~~Sami~~ *.
on 11/1/07 1:19 pm - Jacksonville, FL
That's awesome Donna! Congratulations!! :)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/07 4:20 am - Brampton, Canada
What a darling baby!
Most Active