Any Regrets or Disappointments with LapBand?

Flor_Bellas
on 11/18/07 12:04 pm - Miami, FL
I hate mine with a passion and wish I had gone the RNY route to begin with.  I'd have been 2 1/2 years out and doing better!  I've recently been totally unfilled and have found relief.  You can read my profile and hear it all.  The Band was not for me.
BAShinn
on 11/26/07 7:34 am - AR
VSG on 11/17/07 with
I was so optimistic when I got my lap-band.  I lost 97 lbs in 15 months.  Then one day...I had an erosion that almost cost me my life.  Very scary.  Revised to the sleeve.

Bridget    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad.  An optimist is a man who hopes they are.  ~Chauncey Mitchell Depew
SW: 275   
CW: 225   GW: 150

Total lost: 50 lbs.

nancpanc01
on 1/23/08 7:53 am
hope this helps, i accidentally posted my disdain for the lap band on the lap band forum and got yelled at by every person saying its all my fault. i started surgery july 07 at 235. today is jan 08 and im at 247....thats not right. i lost a couple lbs then gained it back plus more...these people are right, its not for everyone, i hate it with more of a passion, i cry myself to sleep almost everynight because of the depression im in, thinking why didnt i just do rny from the beginning. now im looking into it. between the productive burps and the ungodly fills back and forth, theres not much more i can take, i donated a lot of my size 20's because i was in a 16/18...now my 18's are becomming too tight. if anyone else can help me without the harsh criticism i would appreciate it. since this is a trial and error experiment.

Height 5'4.5 Age 28  

Most Active