My endescope findings ??

Susie221
on 11/1/07 12:31 am - UK
This is part of what I have just received from the new surgeon who did the investigation on me 2 weeks ago ,this  will not ( for financial reasons ) be the surgeon who does the revision by the way . This demonstrated a 9cm  long gastric tube with a widely open  join to your RNY bypass ..........but shouldnt he have measured the size of the opening ?? Or am I just being picky ?  Susie xxx
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/07 11:19 am - 5K from Everywhere, MN
Hard to say if it's even possible to accurately "measure" the opening via scope in terms of units, etc depending on what they were going in to "do" - the wording "widely open" is the key phrase, it would appear.  I'm not an expert, but I review operative reports as part of my work, and that tends to say (to me) that they've observed it to be larger than what they would normally expect - though it leaves much to be interpreted as to whether it's a negative obesrvation or simply just an anomaly that any typical post-op would have noted on their scope since the RnY join is fabricated as part of the surgery vs. being a "valve"-type outlet as in a non-op. Ask your surgeon/doc if they have any other info that would shed light on that.  Wish I could be more help...
Most Active