insurance denied me

Ms TJ P.
on 10/14/07 12:01 pm - VA
My insurance company(Cova Care) denied my request for a revision to RNY from lap band for reasons I don't undersatnd. I don't undersand what they want  from me I've only lost 22lbs from in 19 months. I personal don't want to keep this device in my body if I'm not losing.  What's my next step? Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed with my insurance co. ?
smittygirl
on 10/14/07 7:21 pm - Bridgeport, CT
Isn't your Dr. helping you write your appeal? If not, maybe you should find another. Why are they denying you? What did they say?
Brittwoman
on 10/14/07 11:29 pm - West Babylon, NY
I was denied at 1st also But when I called Empire they told me the appeals MD wanted me to have a psych eval, nut consult, and note from my primary MD. I did all that plus went the extra route....cardiology, support group, endo, abdominal sono, and pulmonary and I was APPROVED within 3 days after all this paperwork was submitted So my advice...if you're serious about wanting a revision...do the whole process over again before resubmitting your appeal!

Jane
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

SophieGrace
on 10/15/07 10:48 pm - IL
Jane: May I ask what revision you had done? I'm having a consult on Thursday with Dr. Garber in NY, but I'm interested in talking with others who've had a revision. Sophie
Brittwoman
on 10/16/07 4:49 am - West Babylon, NY
I had a revision from lapband to RNY...my lapband decided it hated me after 3 1/2 years of faithful service.

Jane
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

Ms TJ P.
on 10/18/07 1:41 am - VA
I've since talked with my insurance company,  my doctor and the doctor from the insurance co. are suppose to have a meeting to discuss my case, I'm still not quite sure exactly how everything is suppose to work, but I'm getting the ball rolling with appealing the decision. I'll keep everyone informed, keep me in your prayers. Tonya
Most Active