I am sick and need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/07 2:52 pm - Louisville, KY
1 yr post lap gastric bypass 9/22. I was bad and started smoking again, developed ulcer, little gastric reflux but not bad, did not know I had ulcer. ulcer perforated had emergency surgery 9/14/07 pouch was revised with all new clean tissue. after bypass started where I could not have a bowel movement, I could not pu**** out; thats been going on for appox 9 months .  While in hops for ulcer developed acute renal failure, high bun and creat, tpn and lipids infused and g-tube conts with conts feeds. they said renal failure was due to vancomucin antibiotics, toradol pain med ? creat and bun now normal. potassium was high, now normal but albumin and proytein and iron still low. I keep losing weight, no energy, voming/dry heaves, DRY mouth, lehtargic alot of the time. MD says I am hooked on drugs. Drugs started post ulcer and I have taken less than what was perscribed. I am not taking any pain med now so md can find out what is going on. I want to get better, I have 2 little girls and i love my job. No history of alcohol. was healthy prior to this. any ideals or paths suggested to take? Amy Spears
leslieanne729
on 10/15/07 5:01 am
Sorry to hear everyhting that you've been going through it's awful. Your doctor thinks your hooked on meds do you think you have a problem? Are you having a problem not taking the meds withdrawls ? you can go to one of the 12 step sites the have a short test to take to see if you truly have a problem. I hope this helps some.
RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
SophieGrace
on 10/15/07 11:50 pm - IL
Based on what you've written there, it doesn't sound like addiction to chemicals is your problem.   You need a complete medical workup.  If your doctor is simply labeling you an addict and the symptoms you describe don't match, get a different doctor. I am not a doctor, but based on what you've said, you picked up a deadly infection and then took vancomycin to combat it.  Vancomycin is an incredibly powerful antibiotic and could indeed shut down your kidneys; combined with toradol, you could have some major issues with kidneys/liver. Get a second opinion.  It's easy to blame addiction, but clearly you have some health issues that don't fit.
kitkat24
on 10/25/07 1:01 pm
Amy, What "drugs" is the doctor accusing you of being addicted to?  Toradol is a potent non-steriodal anti-inflammatory drug.  It is non-addicting.  It is usually only given temporarily.  Vancomycin is a very potent antibiotic as the previous writer stated.  TPN and Lipids are hard on your body as is Toradol and Vancomycin.  If you are not taking a narcotic, then how can you be addicted pain medications?  Is i the bariatric surgeon who thinks that you are addicted to medicine or a different doc?  I am confused. I am so sorry for your difficulities. Kathy
Most Active