Update on Kaci's Stomaphyx Journey

Kaci Campbell
on 9/16/07 3:19 am - Avondale, AZ
I had a gastrografin swallow test done last Wed.  It was negative.  No more leak from my esophagus!  My right lung is improved from Aug25th, but I still have some pain that will eventually go away.  I go back to work tomorrow after being off since Aug. 16th.  I'm excited to get back into my normal routine.  I feel much better, I get full fast and stay full and I've lost 21lbs.  Even with all of the unusual complications that came my way, I'm glad I had this done. 
Paula Prichard
on 9/16/07 3:36 am - Kingman, AZ
May I ask a few questions? I had a revision of sorts last November and have stayed at the exact SAME weight. My pouch is quite small, it is my stoma that is huge....so I'm not sure the stomaphyx thing is for me....but if it is, who did it for you and what complications did you have? Is the 21 pound loss due to the complications (not being able to eat, drink, etc), or because the surgery is doing its job? I know a lot of people lose very quickly after surgery just because of the dietary restrictions. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind replying, I sure would appreciate it, and CONGRATS on the loss, that is wonderful! :-)

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Kaci Campbell
on 9/16/07 3:48 am - Avondale, AZ

Check out my webpage or page 2 of this forum.  They have most of the details.  I'm sure the dietary restrictions caused most of the weight loss, but I eat so much less now that I'm hopeful I will continue to lose.  I definitely feel the restriction. 

cmurphy
on 9/16/07 5:33 am
Thank you so much for the update. It is nice to know that you are happy that you had this done even though you had complications. Although I want to know about both good and bad experiences, it really helps me to keep a positive attitude when I read a post like this. So glad to that you are feeling better!
darnell239
on 9/16/07 7:26 am - Columbia, SC
Kaci, I read your profile and you seem like you had a rough time after your first surgery!  Did you have the stomaphx because you started back regaining or because you wanted to loose more weight?  Just wondering.  I am having a revision to the RNY next month and I am always cautious if I here about patients with RNY needing revisions.
Kaci Campbell
on 9/16/07 11:08 am - Avondale, AZ
I had gained back about 40lbs.  I'm down 21lbs so only 19 to go!
sopralto
on 9/16/07 1:56 pm - WA
I the information about your complications right before I had my Stomaphyx procedure with the same doctor. I appreciated you sharing the good, bad and ugly. I felt I was going in with my eyes wide open, aware there are significants risks involved whenever we participate in these procedures. I also felt I knew what danger signs to look for afterward. I am so glad you are healing and getting the results you wanted. I am 12 days post Stomaphyx and I get full and soup, so I am hopeful this will work as it is supposed to. I have about 40lbs to lose also. I haven't lost any weight yet, though I am down a pants size and it is obvious to everyone. My body is weird. No wonder I would gain on Weigh****chers. My body takes a while to get rid of fluids.
Most Active