Upper Endoscopy Support Needed

Trudy O.
on 9/12/07 4:18 am - TN
That was it.  They told me my pouch was too small to fit the instruments in.  My luck.  Stoma huge, but pouch too small.  Anyway I'm hoping to revision to the DS.

SW 280  CW 170 GW 180

Cheryl J.
on 9/13/07 1:18 am

The endoscopy is not bad at all.  I just had two of them done this summer and the winter.  They put the IV in, and sedated me (general anesthesia), turned over on my side, they turn the lights off.  Next thing I was in the recovery room.  It took them less than 10 mins to do the procedure. You only get a tiny amount of anesthesia, enough to keep you out for the duration of the procedure. I was up and about right afterwards.  Someone has to drive you home.  The first time I did it, I had a slight sore throat, but nothing serious.  I just ate some soup and took a nap at home. I was fine. No painkillers needed.

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/07 8:37 am
Thanks everyone *****sponded here.  And for anyone else reading this that had the same concerns as I did....trust me when I say that you shouldn't waste your time worrying about it.  The drugs they give you are AMAZING.  I was literally crying before the procedure...in front of the doctor, and the 3 nurses and my husband.  I'm embarassed about it now, and was then too, but I didn't care at the time.  They put the IV line in, asked me a bunch of questions, told me what to expect...then they sprayed the numbing agent in my throat 2x two separate times which makes you gag.  Then he said something about a bite guard being put in my mouth and no talking after that.  Next he injected something into my IV and said I'll start to feel like I've had 1 or 12 drinks...I started to feel lightheaded and next thing I know I'm back in the recovery room.  I DON'T REMEMBER A THING ABOUT THE ACTUAL TUBE GOING DOWN MY THROAT.  Part of the drug they give you is an amnesiac type so you don't remember and I REALLY DO NOT REMEMBER.  I've been sleeping on and off since I got home and there's no way you can drive yourself...you're very groggy then and I still am 4+ hours later.  Oh and I do have a sore throat...but it is tolerable...I've had much worse with colds. 
KIMBERLY W.
on 9/13/07 11:17 am - Florence, MA
YO go girl !!! I myself love the drugs to! Just to let you know the procedure is pretty much the same except for they give you general anithsia and you wake up with a pertty good soar throat. You again cant drive home, you can only have clear liquids for the 1st 48 hours then liquids for 16 days (well for me anyway) Then for a few days I felt realy tired and had some pretty good body aches....but thts just me. I am glad it went well for you. I would do an endoscope any day cuz i like that drug (jk) Well i will have to have a few more because I am in the study. I have no regreats and have lost 12 pounds i know its cuz of the liquid diet thing, but i have realy learned alot about my head hunger and real hunger...they are very diffrent and now i have the confidence to over come the head hungrys when i need to.. thank god.      see ya latter glad you are okie dokie 
zappre
on 9/14/07 12:44 am
Do I get to say I told'ja so?
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/07 2:53 am
You sure did tell me so!  Thanks hon
Most Active