Revision surgery date

ssdulany
on 9/11/07 8:59 am - Fort Worth, TX
I went to Dr. Wade Barker in Dallas. (He is the one that performed the surgery on the guy that was denied adoption because he weighed 550lbs - he and the hospital donated their services for this guy)  Anyway, he discovered that there was not a restriction at the end of my pouch and that the bowel below had expanded to the tune of holding 400 500cc's of food. No wonder I have darn near gained all my weight back.  I initially had my surgery in April 2002.  I lost down to 170 in 2005.  I started to slowley gain my weight back in late 2005.  I have joined fitness clubs, dieticians, and taked diet bills to prove compliance.  Anyway, I hope to loose my weight by the end of next year for my wedding.  Thanks to all those that provided help and information.  Have a great day 1
Sharon DuLany
Fort Worth, TX
Shelley S.
on 9/11/07 3:36 pm - Belmont, CA
Sharon, thanks for sharing.   I think it's a common problem.  What is he going to do to fix it? 
ssdulany
on 9/12/07 9:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
He is going to put a constriction at the base of the pouch, take away the excess bowel and cut away the top of the stomach that secretes the hormone that makes you hungry.  I am very excited.
Sharon DuLany
Fort Worth, TX
Sherry C.
on 9/15/07 5:29 pm - Plainview, TX
you were not at breakfast this am. Missed you, Love  sherry
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

Most Active