Endoscopic Gastric Bypass Repair @ BWH,Boston, Ma....

BrownSugarDiva
on 9/10/07 11:52 pm - Lynn, MA
Hello, Anyone have this? I was wondering if you've had success if you did.  The procedure sounds more intense than the original surgery.  I say this because I was up and about the same day after surgery, this procedure requirs sticking a tube down ones throat.  I want to have this done but I was just wondering if it's really worh it
annstan60
on 9/11/07 12:00 am - Weymouth, MA

CHECK BACK TO THIS FORUM IN A FEW DAYS;  I AM HAVING THAT PROCEDURE DONE TOMORROW WITH DR. THOMPSON AT B&W HOSPITAL.  MY ORIGINAL SURGERY WAS RNY GASTRIC BYPASS IN 2003 AND WAS PAINFUL TO RECOVER FROM AND I WAS OUT OF WORK FOR 6 WEEKS.  THIS NEW PROCEDURE TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR AND THERE'S NO INCISION; THE STICHES ARE INSIDE YOUR BODY; IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE RELATIVELY PAIN FREE - BUT YOU DO GO UNDER GENERAL ANESTHESIA SO YOU WON'T FEEL ANY TUBE IN YOUR THROAT.  ALSO, THEY ARE VERY PICKY ABOUT WHO CAN HAVE THE PROCEDURE - IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE RESULTS OF CERTAIN TESTS. GOOD LUCK! ANN MARIE

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/07 12:08 am
Ann Marie- I sent you a message!!
BrownSugarDiva
on 9/11/07 12:25 am - Lynn, MA
Thanks for your reply!  I too had Gastric Bypass (Lap) in 2003. I felt absolutely no pain, but I'm nervous about that tube going down my throat so I will check back in a few days. How long does it take from your first call to them to get your procedure date? What type of test did yiu have done?  How many test?  All non invasive?  Good Luck tommorow!
cbullis122
on 6/17/17 1:23 pm

Ann Marie,

Can you tell me how your procedure went? What test did you have to go through. What were the other requirements?

darnell239
on 9/11/07 12:18 am - Columbia, SC
I researched this procedure myself about 1 year ago and it was also on this forum.  Some of the people who had this procedure said that it was not all it is cracked up to be.  Many of them said that the results were not good.  I think if you are looking for something than I have heard good results with the stomaphx procedure.  Hopes this helps.
BrownSugarDiva
on 9/11/07 12:26 am - Lynn, MA
Thanks for the inforamtion, do you know what hospitals in Ma do this procedure?
KIMBERLY W.
on 9/11/07 1:25 am - Florence, MA
Hi check my Clinical trial thread. I had or think I had this done 1 week agao today. I feel great had no pain meds and am still on a full Liguid diet. Dr. T at BWC did mine in boston too. I will keep you all posted . I think this procedure is the same as stomaphynx in my opinion and thay are so new and each person is diffrent. WE all had other WLS and some of us had better results then others. I can say whay I know for sure is that both this and stomaphynx are non invasive compared to the other WLS. And I (talking only for myself) feel that alot of the success rate for this will depend on ME. I know that my stoma  was enlarged 35MM and my pouch ins 6cm long and 3.5cm wide. the only thing that this trail is doing is my stoma. I have to stick with all the rules of WLS to a "T" and continue to make healthy choices. That is the only thing that will keep the weight off . LONG term success depends on ME. So I feel when people say it didnt work  then for THEM it didnt. IT WILL for me. If you think about it not every thing works for everybody. I had Lap RNY 3 years ago Aug. 5th I lost 75 pounds and put 18 pounds back on and Istill need to loose 75 pounds more, That said lots of people had the same surgery and lost more and or all the weight and where very succussful.MY point after all this rambling is that please dont shy away from something that is so new. Look at it and if YOU FEEL IT WILL WORK FOR YOU THEN IT WILL. I was afraid that I would not loose all my weight aftewr lap RNY and guess what Ididnt. ITs all about positive attitude..... ok lemme get of my soap box.   take care all
BrownSugarDiva
on 9/11/07 1:42 am - Lynn, MA
Ok, you're right.  Cna you direct me to the "clinical thread", it's not "easy" for me to navigate thru this site....Thanks!
KIMBERLY W.
on 9/11/07 11:42 am - Florence, MA
HI this is from my post ..... Post Date: 9/8/07 7:59 am Hi all.  Just wanted to let you all know I am in a clinical trial for a product called Endocinch (TM.) The Product is uesed approved by the FDA for treating GERD. (gastric reflux) and the company wants FDA approval for revision to gatric bypass pt with regain or inadequet weigtloss after gastric bypass. Dr. Christpher Thompson MD. Is the pioneer for Transoral surgery for things like gall bladder GERD and other GI problems. HE is the Principal investigator for study at Brighams and womens Hosp. in Boston but there are other hosp. that are doing it here is the  addy  :http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00394212?order=1       You can call Brigims and talk with Michelle directly the phone  is: 617-525-8266 or Kerri 617-525-7213    Good luck!
Most Active