revision clinical trial

annstan60
on 9/10/07 10:53 pm - Weymouth, MA
OMG!  I am so glad I found this forum!  Kimberly:  I am having that same procedure done TOMORROW (Sept. 12) by Dr. Thompson at B&W.  I've had troubling finding people that have had it done.  I didn't qualify for the Clinical Trial, but I was able to get on a general waiting list for the procedure (I've been waiting about 7 months) - and they called with a cancellation and I'm going in at 10am on Wednesday.  If you (or anyone else) has anything positive to say about this procedure, please let me know.  I am aware that there are no guarantees, but I feel like it's my last chance.  I find it hard to get support from others, though, especially after all I went through with my original RNY Gastric Bypass 4 years ago.  Thanks in advance and wish me luck! Ann Marie
classite
on 9/11/07 4:57 pm - Battle Ground, WA
Ann Marie,  since you didn't qualify for the clinical trial (do you mind telling why?) do you have to pay out of pocket and if so, how much is it going to cost? Thank you, good luck tomorrow and keep us posted.
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
annstan60
on 9/11/07 9:32 pm - Weymouth, MA
Well, it's early morning Wed. and I'm leaving in an hour for the hospital.  Before I go, I thought I'd  clarify my earlier post.  Technically, due to pouch size and the size of my opening from the pouch, I did qualify for the Clinical Trial (they have very specific requirements and I guess I just got lucky).  (This was all back in March).  At that time I could not commmit to joining the trial because it would entail numerous trips into Boston which  I just couldn't do at that time.  The other option given to me was to be put on the "waiting list" for a scheduled surgery and they expected that it would be between July and November.  Sure enough I got a call in July scheduling me for October.  A few days later they called to move me up to Sept. 12 due to a cancellation. Well, gotta go now - I'll try to post as soon as possible after the surgery.  Ann Marie
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/07 10:16 pm
Ann Marie...can't wait to hear about your experience!  Hope everything goes perfectly
Most Active