RNY revised to Duodenal switch

darnell239
on 9/3/07 6:58 am - Columbia, SC
Can a RNY truly be revised to a duodenal switch?  If so do you anyone that has had it done?
zappre
on 9/3/07 7:17 am
I'm not one of them but I know of a number of people on the DS board who've had it done.  You may want to ask the question there.  Best of luck.
Kahiah1
on 9/5/07 4:00 pm - LivingHappy, AL
Some RNY may not be able to have their pouch changed to the stomach with the valve back at the bottom due to scar tissue. Also after many years of not being used, some people;s pyloris valve doesn't  start working again.  For some people, the pouch is reconnected and then the stomach transected and part of the stomach permanetly removed as is done in any DS. For others the pouch is left alone for various reasons, but the intestines is bypassed in greater length as the usual DS is, leading to greater malabsorption of fats.

When Half-Gods go, the Gods arrive.
R
unning along the mini-mall parking lot, swinging a jeweled axe, cometh Kahiah! And she gives a vengeful cry:

"Brace yourself, oh speck of dust! I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!"

prettydove
on 9/6/07 12:40 am
i recommend you go to the DS forum and get first hand experience and facts (not hearsay) by those that actually had revision from RNY to DS and are living with it. there are alot who are regular revision members that post to the DS board and can give you feedback regarding your inquiry. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id ,5357/
HW 305 / SW 247 / CW 138 / GW 140 
Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.
ladynitewolf
on 9/14/07 2:25 am - BFE, CA
Yes, it can be. My surgeon is one of the ones that does it. He completely reconnects EVERYTHING back to the way it was and then does the DS. It can happen. There are a few on the DS board who have had this very thing done by either him, Dr. Rabkin or Dr. Husted to name some that are experienced in this sort of surgery.

~ Sarah P. 
Ask me about pregnancy after the Duodenal Switch!

They're here! My surro-sons were born July 21, 2009. Welcome to the world, Benjamin and Daniel. We love you very much!

Most Active