StomaphyX weight loss results

azlorri
on 9/3/07 5:05 am - AZ
 Since StomaphyX is such a new procedure....I thought it might be nice to keep a running total of weight lost with StomaphyX.  I'm scheduled for Thursday, Sept 20.  I'll try to post my weight weekly here and I'd sure welcome others too. Just in case anyone is nervous to post, I'll start. Lorri - age 40, height 5'6" current weight (pre StomaphyX) 208 lbs
Susie221
on 9/3/07 5:29 am - UK
Lorri that will be great to keep us updated  Nobody else here has kept us informed how they are doing !! If your out there PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOUR DOING !! Susie xxx
WJ
on 9/3/07 10:12 pm - Miami Beach, FL
I realize how frustrating it is for people seeking updates on the Stomaphyx.  When I was researching, there wasn't any post-op, long term information being posted.  Now I understand why,.. I'm almost 2 weeks out and still on a "liquid diet".  So my results are not so much from the procedure, but from the liquid diet.  I'm dying to know how I'm going to feel when I can start eating and put my repair to the test.  Right now I look at this time as my "window of opportunity" to adhere to the liquid/soft diet, control my "head" hunger and be sure that I will not abuse my repaired tool. The first week, of course, no hunger at all.  Now the challenges begin.  I'll be sure to post my experience because I know how many of us are hoping that this is our "miracle".  Let's hope so! Regards,  WJ (for those that are curious,  -14lbs in 2 weeks!  Back into my skinny jeans.......yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
tina01
on 9/5/07 7:19 am - Wilmington, DE
Please don't get me wrong, I am happy for you that your Phyx is working, but if you only needed 14# loss to get in skinny jeans... why the procedure?  Just curious... I need a heck of a lot more than 14 for skinny jeans!! lol  How much more do you hope to lose?  Had you regained?  Thanks for sharing. T
WJ
on 9/5/07 7:50 am - Miami Beach, FL
Good question.  I had my RNY in 1999.  Lost all my weight.  Gained 70lbs.  Last year, I started researching "revisions", I was totally digusted, blamed myself that my tool no longer worked.  My insurance wouldn't cover revisions, so I considered the DS in Brasil, self-pay.  While researching, I put myself on a strick program of high protein, low carbs....  and tons of excercise. Over the past year I have successfully lost @ 50lbs.......... HOWEVER, like most of us, I am an expert dieter, but always regain!  I had none of the benefits of my RNY, no restriction, no feeling of fullness.  I am tired of being defined by my obesity.  The only way for me to successfully lose the rest of my weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle long term was to repair my tool. My surgeon states that I am the type of patient the Stomaphyx can help.   Hope that answers your question.   WJ
Most Active